Locking Diopter on scope?

I have never understood the attraction of the fast adjustment diopters. It is truly a solution in search of a problem.

I use simple electrical tape on mine. Works well and leaves no permanent mark.

just a little touch of clear finger nail polish on the threads . It will clean up and breaks free if you need to make an adjustment .

just a little touch of clear finger nail polish on the threads . It will clean up and breaks free if you need to make an adjustment .
Every fast adjustment scope I have has hidden threads. March, Swarovski, Kahles, even the new Leupolds. No possibility of nail polish.

This is my one complaint about my eotech vudu. Fast zoom adjustment eyepiece with an adjustable diopter on the back of it. Would rather have a traditional zoom ring so scope caps work easier.

Mines locked down with a little kydex split ring spacer and wrapped in electrical tape then covered with my scope cap that flops all the way flat and just barely clears my bolt handle and reciever when running through the full mag range

I have never had one of these scopes so I contacted Vortex and ask them about it they replied and said to use electrical tape on them if I was concerned that it might move but that they had enough tension on them so as not to move easily on their own while hunting ect. .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.