Local sendero

[FONT=&quot]In meantime you should go for the great American 8mm RM. Plenty of power (parent case for your beloved 7mm STW [/FONT][FONT=&quot]:D) and magnificent efficiency even on dangerous game. Good LR - bullets will soon follow, I'm quite sure about. BTW, Lapua is coming with brand-new LR Scenars for 7mm (284) and is already promoting those …[/FONT]
Shoot me a link to the new Lapua bullets, I have not heard about that.

I have thought about an 8mmRM, but due to lack of interest here in the states, the LR bullet market has all but forgotten the 8mm caliber. I would love to see some 250gr really high BC bullets for the 8mm's. That would really help rejuvenate the market for them.

Just like I'm still waiting on Berger to make some 135 grain VLD .257 pills for those of us who have really fast .25 calibers and like to shoot deer with them, but want a little more kinetic energy on impact.

Shoot me a link to the new Lapua bullets, I have not heard about that.

Here we go: http://accurateshooter.net/Blog/lapua201403op.png gun)

As soon as I will have fixed my build of a Heym SR 20G LH in 8x68S I'll post some pictures. Think will be late summer/early autumn. I know some are going to explode here, but I change out a 300WM barrel for my favourite.
Next project will be then a genuine 7mm rifle ... in both 7x57 Mauser, 7x64 Brenneke and last but not least 7mmRM. :D Most likely a Schultz & Larsen 97 Victory with interchangeable barrels.

Here we go: http://accurateshooter.net/Blog/lapua201403op.png gun)

As soon as I will have fixed my build of a Heym SR 20G LH in 8x68S I'll post some pictures. Think will be late summer/early autumn. I know some are going to explode here, but I change out a 300WM barrel for my favourite.
Next project will be then a genuine 7mm rifle ... in both 7x57 Mauser, 7x64 Brenneke and last but not least 7mmRM. :D Most likely a Schultz & Larsen 97 Victory with interchangeable barrels.
If you have not had a 7mm RemMag before, you will enjoy it alot. I have been hunting with one for over 12 years. Great all-around caliber. Are you getting a true 1:9 twist barrel? If so, you should give the Berger 168 & 180 VLD's a try. Set them right up on the lands. I think you'll like the results. :D

If you have not had a 7mm RemMag before, you will enjoy it alot. I have been hunting with one for over 12 years. Great all-around caliber. Are you getting a true 1:9 twist barrel? If so, you should give the Berger 168 & 180 VLD's a try. Set them right up on the lands. I think you'll like the results. :D

I really don't know about the twist rate for the 7mmRM, but think it'll be standard 1 : 10. The barrels are made by Schultz & Larsen themselves. I have to look up the twist rate first. :rolleyes: Here in Scandinavia and also the rest of Europe we are not that fond of fragile bullet types, so I won't use VLDs for hunting. I'll go for monos from Lutz Mueller (MJGs) and Barnes T(T)SX or classics like AB, Interbonds, Swift Sciroccos and so on.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.