Loading the 7mm 162 gr ELDX

Russbouv

Has anyone loaded the 162 eldx in a 7 rem mag and had good success ? I'm trying to sort through my issues. I've had a couple real good groups with them but I can't duplicate the group. Still trying to figure out if this 9 twist barrel doesn't like them or if it's a gun issue.

Has anyone loaded the 162 eldx in a 7 rem mag and had good success ? I'm trying to sort through my issues. I've had a couple real good groups with them but I can't duplicate the group. Still trying to figure out if this 9 twist barrel doesn't like them or if it's a gun issue.

I was having the same issues. I found my gun likes them 50 thou off. So if you haven't done a seating depth test, I strongly recommend it.

Mine is a custom build rem 700 7mm rem mag with a #5 contoured walther barrel. 24.5" rifled and about 1.5" of brake. B&C M40 stock bedded. The gun was built off a 300 ultra action so I could have lots of room in the mag box.

That might not bode well for me. I am about to try them in my 7mm-08. The rifle is a cheap Remington short action 700ADL with the factory barrel and mag box; I don't anticipate having much room if I want to use the magazine. I might have to load them long and treat the gun as a single shot.

That might not bode well for me. I am about to try them in my 7mm-08. The rifle is a cheap Remington short action 700ADL with the factory barrel and mag box; I don't anticipate having much room if I want to use the magazine. I might have to load them long and treat the gun as a single shot.

I'd give them a try.... I'm at 90 thou jump right now. I've shot 2 groups under 1/2 MOA but not consistent enough for me. The other groups have sprayed 1.5-2" with the same load. Some in the 3/4" range. Frustrating sometimes

I'd give them a try.... I'm at 90 thou jump right now. I've shot 2 groups under 1/2 MOA but not consistent enough for me. The other groups have sprayed 1.5-2" with the same load. Some in the 3/4" range. Frustrating sometimes

At this point, if I load to magazine length (2.825") I have a jump of 0.146" with the 162 ELD-M, so I assume I may be similar with the ELD-X. How well do these things jump?

At this point, if I load to magazine length (2.825") I have a jump of 0.146" with the 162 ELD-M, so I assume I may be similar with the ELD-X. How well do these things jump?

You have to load up some and try them. I loaded some at .130 jump and it didn't make a ton of difference. You might be ok. What is your twist rate !??

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.