Loading Hammer Hunter Question

I have an old set of 308 Hornady dies that leaves a ring because of the improper seating stem. The rings are on some 168 gr. Amaxes I had loaded a few years back. Just shot a .289" group with them last week.
I have learned to let my OCD go on this. The op's marks actually appear to be putting a dent in the ogive.

I've only bedded a seater once. I used JB Weld. I coated the bullet ogive with unique sizing wax then installed it into the seating die. Then seated a bullet into a case and left the ram all the way home for the time it takes for the JB Weld to get firm not set. Then bring the cartridge back down from the seater. Let it set completely and it should match your bullet exactly.
I take my stem out and put it in a vice and level it a dab JB quick and then I just bottom the bullet in the stem

Besides the work on the seating stem mentioned above, it would be good to consider a faster powder. The Hammer bullets use lighter engraving pressure and that can cause the powders to burn slightly slower than expected. To make up for that, a person should try a slightly faster powder.

For the above load I would recommend trying H4895. The H4895 will probably result in a smaller overall volume of powder, and less resistance to the bullet seating. It may not completely remove the seater mark, but it will lessen it.

I get excellent loads with H4895 and the AbsoluteHammer 151grain, though admittedly a lighter bullet than the 166gnHH.
What weight would you consider starting with?