Loading 25-06

Scott Rinker

Pet loads for 25-06 with 110 gr accubonds and 100gr sciroccos? Have shot ballistic tips in the past want to try a little harder bullet !

110 AB will load real close to 115 BTs. Around 52 Gr of imr 4831 works nice in mine at 3080fps. 52 is max is some guns so work up. 53-54 gr of H4831 should just as good

Haha congrats on being the poster of the 15,000th discussion of this section of the forum.

Nosler's website has some good free data on their bullets, you'll find what powders shot the fastest with their bullets, as well as which powder was the most accurate. Might be of some help for you. I don't have experience with the sciroccos though.

My 110 accubond load for the 25-06 is 50.5 grains of 4831 at around 3110 FPS and a COAL of 3.190.
Nosler's max for that bullet is oal of 3.2 and max load of 51 grains of 4831 but the accuracy mode for my rifle was at 50.5 and I changed the oal until it was most accurate.

With heavier bullets like the 110-120 grain range, give a look into IMR 7828 SSC.

I hate that Reloader's Nest shut down, you could always find some good load data on there. You could always use this Nosler load data for 120 grain bullets, and slowly work up your load for 110's with 7828 SSC.

This is straight from Nosler's website. Select your bullet weight at the top...

https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/25-06-remington/

Oh I could not resist a reply. I love the 25-06 but my hunting buddy and I have an ongoing arguement on this caliber.

Try R22. I have had great luck loading for this friend.

This is where i go tongue in cheek. When ever he asked me how he can improve the cartridge I tell him to neck it up to 0.277 and re-barrel.

IMO this is the smallest an 06 case should go.

Try a 100 GT TTSX for smaller game or a 115 grain TSX for bigger animals.

For some mysterious reason, 30 thou off the lands seems to work.

The biggest elk (400 plus green measurement) was shot with a 25-06 of said buddy.

Good luck and keep us informed of your successes.

I have had great success with the Retumbo and 110 AB. There is a well documented accuracy load for it. It is actually on the Nosler reloading site. It's the MAX load and accuracy load. It is very good... 98% case fill and 3267 FPS out of a 24" barrel ...WORK UP TO IT...

I have tried RL-22, H4831, and 4831. I was trying to duplicate the old Hornady Custon 117 gr loads for their Interlock BTSP that gave me just under .5 MOA. I got the best results with 4831 running 2995 with 50.5, 210M, and seated the bullet to the top of the cannalure and lightly used a factory crimp die...ended up with .26 MOA from mine.

I would like to try it with the Accubonds and would be interested in the results you get.

Fabulous results! I have enjoyed the BTSP inter lock for decades.

Today I prefer to see if TSX or TTSX likes a barrel. They seem to drop animals outside the punching weight of any cartridge I have tried them in.

Any bullet that hits the vitals is always better than the "later magic projectile" with poor shot placement.

Rifleman97, you will be a successful hunter with an accurate load in a rifle you have confidence in. Keep us updated on your results.

Cheers.

I'm using the 115 nbt and 54gr H4831sc for 3100 out of my 1-9" twist tikka. For some reason, mine also likes .030 off as well. I ran the ladder and found the 54gr. then seating depth was an amazing group shrinker with all the nosler's I've tried.

I tried RL22 also, but saw some pretty good temps FPS swings between summer and winter in Missouri, so I went with the H4831sc for temp stability. I was getting great speed and decent accuracy, but the deviation was too much for me to be confident in the load.

Oh I could not resist a reply. I love the 25-06 but my hunting buddy and I have an ongoing arguement on this caliber.

Try R22. I have had great luck loading for this friend.

This is where i go tongue in cheek. When ever he asked me how he can improve the cartridge I tell him to neck it up to 0.277 and re-barrel.

IMO this is the smallest an 06 case should go.

Try a 100 GT TTSX for smaller game or a 115 grain TSX for bigger animals.

For some mysterious reason, 30 thou off the lands seems to work.

The biggest elk (400 plus green measurement) was shot with a 25-06 of said buddy.

Good luck and keep us informed of your successes.
You should check out the 6.5 Sherman pushing those new Berger 155 Elite Hunters... It will change your mind... ;)

I have had great success with the Retumbo and 110 AB. There is a well documented accuracy load for it. It is actually on the Nosler reloading site. It's the MAX load and accuracy load. It is very good... 98% case fill and 3267 FPS out of a 24" barrel ...WORK UP TO IT...

I was sceptical of trying Retumbo in the 25-06. After a lot of research I found a great number of shooters were using it. I tried it in my son's heavy barrel 25-06 and it is as Barrelnut stated, it is very accurate. Guess the secret is out!

You should check out the 6.5 Sherman pushing those new Berger 155 Elite Hunters... It will change your mind... ;)
Darn it Pal! Don't get me thinking...
I already have a 6.5-284 Cooper Phoenix, a 264 WM model 70 super grade and. 6.5 rem Mag 673 that I don't shoot enough. I need another 6.5 anything like another hole in my head. BTW don't tell anyone I have a box of 500 6.5 rem Mag brass or someone will try to buy it and I will have to say no again

However I do have a NIB unfired Jack O'Connor Custom Tribute that I should rebarrel to 25-06 just to stir up the pot

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.