Load work up in a ar10, lr308 Re: pressure ladder

I run Blc2, Re15, in my DPMS LR 308
26" pipe, 2800' with 165's 168's
Mostly BLC2 Cuz I have a lot of it and the Govt' has used it in 308 forever and Re15, Win 748 are very hard to find
BLC2 also in the 223's
Can I ask where you got a 26" pipe from? I can't find anything over a 20"

I
Is there a good brand for gas blocks or any adjustable GB will work? Palmetto AR-10 20"
Like odin works, aero precision, and black rain, but black rain may have went away from thier click adjustable one. I would call them before I bought another one of their. Some people like the bleed off type, but I prefer to use ones that only send back the gas need so the rest goes out the barrel.

I am curious what your primary use is for the rifle? My dad and I share a DPMS LR-308 and we started with factory 168 gold medal match, which shot pretty well. We then developed a load that essentially matched the velocity and POI at 100 yards with 165 and 168 bullets which shot very tight groups. Never worked up another load. That bullet did everything we wanted it to out to about 600 yards.
Primary use is mostly a plinker, take some of the PRESSURE off of my larger, more expensive to shoot rifles. Before I broke it, my gas gun got a fair amount of trigger time.
It's hard, tho.... I really like my boomer.

Don't have much experience with semi auto reloading, some, but little and was not attempting what you are, but every other platform I have loaded for cannot handle what bolt guns do. Break open single shot, rolling block single shots, pump guns, lever guns, and I'm sure I'm missing something I tinkered with over the last forty years just do not take the pressure a bolt gun routinely handles. My latest project was a Savage 99 in 308 Win. I started experiencing pressure problems with very moderate loads, so I backed off and settled. It's fine out to about 250 and that's probably 150 more than I would ever shoot it at game as it will be a carry gun in the timber. I had to send a Ruger Number One back to Ruger once because a half grain jump in powder was way too much. Ruger was amazing, fixed the rifle, no charge, even buffed out a scratch in the stainless receiver I put in it crossing a fence. If you get done what you're attempting my guess it will be time consuming and expensive, but I wish you the best.

I owned several gas 16" 308 rifles, was frustrated with performance for years. Down to 2 now, an AR10 and a SCAR. Bought a case of SOST MK319 130g OTM a few years ago mostly as an investment in brass, but that round changed my thinking. Velocity is 2900+fps. I duplicated that performance with Barnes 130g TTSX and Varget and LC brass. If I want to shoot deer past 400yd I take a different rifle, most shots are 1-200. The 150sst is as heavy as I go now, only because it's cheaper and just as accurate and also hammers stuff.

My DPMS SASS seems to prefer lighter loads. I know I'm 2-3 grains under max with the Accurate 4064. They print as well as factory target rounds but only at 100-200M. Maybe I ought try loading up>?

PS I FOOLISHLY rran a few thru my M1 Garand in .308. WHOOPS! Those bad boys can double tap with light rounds! Who knew?

I have a RR lar308 that came with a 26", so there are a few out the with 26" barrels in semi-autos.
I also have a DPMS LightWeight Hunter in 260Rem, all factory & a DPMS GII multi-cal in 243 all factory
Both 20" pipes
lol not sure what the multi cal designates, I'll have to look again
I enjoy reading your knowledge 😃