my lr308

The buffer system does get rid of quite a bit of the noise yes. I had the original spring/buffer system in place, pulled back the charging handle and got the typical squealing scraping noises of worn out bedsprings. I switched over to the JP system and its quite a lot different. Its definitely quieter than the regular spring/buffer system, you don't get that twangy compressed rusty bedspring sound and it does a great job. The spring that they sent pre-installed on it is working just fine. I took the thing out to the range and the recoil reduction alone is definitely worth it. Do keep in mind though that the JP buffer system is designed to work hand in hand with the JP adjustable gas block system and the low mass bolt carrier. I have no doubt that it will work with or without it, but the whole package working together always works better than a single component working alone. I have all three, and I have less kick than what my stock ar15 gives me. Plus I have the option of tuning my gas block so I'm not flinging brass down the shirt of the guy standing three stalls down from me. I love it. Anyway, to answer your question, it is definitely worth the money on the buffer system. The spring that comes installed works just fine. Also it works in either carbide length and standard length buffer tubes.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts