Load for 300 WM + 200 gr Nosler Partition

frankinaustin

Howdy - if you have an accurate load for 200 gr Partitions in your 300 wm, would you mind sharing that with me? The two appropriate powders I have are Retumbo and IMR4350.

Also, should I use the COAL specified in the Nosler manual?

Thanks in advance!

Frank

I've had good luck with H1000 and the 200 gr Accubond. I would suggest you try the Retumbo first.

I usually lightly seat a bullet in a fired case and chamber it to see where the lands are for that chamber. Then you can back off 20 thou and see if it'll fit in the magazine.

if your rifle likes the bullet, retumbo will work very well for you.

I've seen how good a 300win can be with retumbo and 200 speer pills; it was so accurate my brother actually used his #1 ss in 300win for prairie dog hunting on windy days. The rifle can actually blow them out of the hole shooting through the top of the mound...:D:D:D He has since sold the rifle though... :-(

I'd use the 4350 in a 300win with 150-165 grain pills and go with a slower powder when you need more bullet weight...

Howdy - if you have an accurate load for 200 gr Partitions in your 300 wm, would you mind sharing that with me? The two appropriate powders I have are Retumbo and IMR4350.

Also, should I use the COAL specified in the Nosler manual?

Thanks in advance!

Frank
This is slightly off your topic, but I have had great results with a 200 grain accubond in my 26" barreled 700 Rem. I know this is unusually fast for the charge weight, but 70.5 grains of 7828 gives me 2960 FPS at 15 feet, and stays sub MOA at 500yds. Every charge is weighed, Fed. brass, cci250, and loaded as long as will function through the magazine.
comen, NW MT

Using Reloader 25 with 200gr Sierra win brass 215M Best groups 74.5-76.5 gr
guns will vary and it shoots very well.
Watch case pressure some rifles see pressure at 75 gr.

With 200gnr Partitions, H4831 using Nosler book max has worked very well. Using 220 grn Partitions IMR4350 (also Nosler book data) has worked very well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.