river031.jpg

The top target is 82 grains of retumbo
chrony results- 3023, 3034, 3022
accuracy- top target with a 3-shot group
Hope this helps fellas,
Brandon

Oh yeah, 200 yards.

SWEET...

how far back off the lands are you seating them??

???4831 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif, IMR??

Long,
I have a weatherby accumark that allows me to seat the bullet at 3.550. Weatherby rifle have a lot of freebore so it might be a little different in other rifles. I beleive it is about .002 off of the lands.
Brandon

The freebore in your Win Mag is no where near what it is in the Weatherby calibers. Just to give you an idea if I were to seat at the rifling in my 300Wby it would be at 4.053". I seat at 3.700 or .353" off of the lands. My Accumark shoots in the .2's @ 100 yards.

It doesn't seem to hurt your groups though. It's shooting just as good as my 300Wby Accumark does with the 200 grain Accubomds only 150 fps slower. Those are pretty impressive 200 yard groups. Can you see the little green "10" on those targets with your scope at 200 yards?

HG,
Yeah, I purchased the gun from Wayne McDonald on this site. He told me that I could seat the bullet at 3.550. He also installed a 300 weatherby mag so the round will fit in it. I really don't know exactly how much off of the lands I can seat them. I just suspected .002 off since that is where he was seating them. I think that is exactly where I'm going to stay, because it shoots better than I can.
I have a leupold VXIII 4.5-15x50 on it so I can see where the 10 spot is, but I can't make it out perfectly. Also, people dog out the weatherbys but these things flat out shoot. I could load it at 3100, but I'll take this load as it is more accurate.
Brandon

Oh yeah now that's what I'm talking about!
Congrats on finding a great load for your new rifle.
Be sure and post pics of what ever you shoot with it.
Wayne aka WAMBO

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.