Load data for 10mm

With factory barrels it's not recommended to shoot lead due to possible buildup. There's a person on another forum that does shoot lead projectiles, but limits the amount between cleaning. Be safe!
I will shoot one and disassemble to check for deposits and clean.
Thanks for the warning my friend

With factory barrels it's not recommended to shoot lead due to possible buildup. There's a person on another forum that does shoot lead projectiles, but limits the amount between cleaning. Be safe!
I have had a Glock 23 since 92 and have shot lead out of it for just about as long. I would always clean after the range session and never really saw a whole lot of lead in the barrel. A lot of the leading in a barrel has to do with bullet fitment.

With that said I got into powder coating several years ago and that's cut what little leading I did have down to none.

With that said I got into powder coating several years ago and that's cut what little leading I did have down to none.
I powder coat as well and showed a fellow shooter that you can shoot a lightly leaded barrel clean with powder coated bullets.Not heavily leaded but leaded all the same.

A lot of the leading in a barrel has to do with bullet fitment.

Warboar21 mentioned bullet fitment.Very important! I slug the barrel on anything I cast bullets for and size the bullets .001 to .002 over slugging measurement and that cuts down on leading big time.I almost ruined the barrel on a Colt Python 357 mag with cast bullets and learned the hard way to size according to slugging measurements.I shot a Glock 21 45 acp cast bullets and never had a leading problem so I sure hope this S&W M&P 2.0 acts the same way.

Warboar21 mentioned bullet fitment.Very important! I slug the barrel on anything I cast bullets for and size the bullets .001 to .002 over slugging measurement and that cuts down on leading big time.I almost ruined the barrel on a Colt Python 357 mag with cast bullets and learned the hard way to size according to slugging measurements.I shot a Glock 21 45 acp cast bullets and never had a leading problem so I sure hope this S&W M&P 2.0 acts the same way.
The 2.0 uses a different rifling. The polygonal is the potential issue.

ARlife4me I found several pages of information on shooting cast bullets in Polygonal barrels.
Here is one from Buffalo Bore https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=59
I will still slug my barrel to make sure the size is correct.
I've never shot either in a Glock or any other firearm. Knowing the difference between the two is something I have no knowledge of. They have been warning armorers at Glock classes, also in the owners manual. Most manufacturers of firearms state use only factory ammo, but that never stopped all of us handloaders before! Buffalo Bore sells ammo, so that says it all. 1 easy way to never worry about whether it be hardcast or soft lead is to use an aftermarket barrel. Just be safe! I'm just trying to pass on info that might keep you safe! I am in no way a final authority or know it all!

Bought a new 10mm and just received my Lehigh 140 gr bullets.
Anyone reload for them?
Trying to get a baseline to start from.

I'm curious about the reasoning behind shooting 140gr bullets out of a 10mm? I respect the thread, just thought of the 10mm for heavier bullets and large game. Wouldn't a 9mm or .357 Sig, .40 S&W for in a smaller platform make more sense for 140gr bullet?? This isn't a criticism, it's an honest question. If I we're looking for a lighter bullet I'd be looking for a lighter gun to carry with it. I love my G20, but only use it when black bear hunting and some range time before going hunting.

Good question.That was the only Lehigh 10mm bullet in stock at Midwayusa and before buying it I did some checking on youtube and the penetration was beyond belief.2 14 inch blocks of gel could not stop the 140 gr bullet as it exited and went out of sight.
If I like the bullet I will wait until a larger bullet comes in stock there or somewhere else.
Meanwhile I have 4 boxes of Underwood 220 gr hard cast bullets and 4 boxes of HSM 200 gr Hardcast bullets for testing.