Load advice for 300 Win Mag Browning AB3

Weldcraft18

Looking for any advice from individuals who've mastered a load development for a Browning 300 Win Mag AB3. I'm trying to develop a consistent 700-800 yard round. Currently using 72 grn of R-22 and 208 grn AMAX. Even using small adjustments up or down in powder I can't get grouping under 1.75" at 100 yd. Using a nightforce NXS 5.5-22, so I know that's not the problem. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

If I were you I would do a ladder at 700-800 yds with H1000 and the 208 amax. I would also get a hold of some 215 Bergers and do the same. I have never had luck with the Alliant powders being temp stable.

Looking for any advice from individuals who've mastered a load development for a Browning 300 Win Mag AB3. I'm trying to develop a consistent 700-800 yard round. Currently using 72 grn of R-22 and 208 grn AMAX. Even using small adjustments up or down in powder I can't get grouping under 1.75" at 100 yd. Using a nightforce NXS 5.5-22, so I know that's not the problem. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
When you get down to your last pound of RL22 go ahead and try a pound of RL23 or RL26 if not both.

There are lots of bullets more than capable of giving you MOA or better accuracy at 700-800 and beyond IF you and the rifle are up to the task.

I won't shoot anything at game animals anymore other than proven hunting bullets and more particularly thos that consistently provide very predictable and consistent expansion across a wide spectrum of impact velocities. I don't like hollow or soft points because they are too easily buggered.

Most of us here who have tried them have had good luck with the Noler Accubond LR, Accubond, Hornady Interbond and ELD-X The ELD-X and Accubond LR can take some work when it comes to load work up to get everything "just right".

I'm shooting Peregrine VLR's and Plainsmaster bullets now and they keep amazing me with both their flight characteristics and performance on game. Between the wife and I w've put a couple of dozen large animals in the skinning shed and freezer and even a pile of coyotes and other varmints including some very large boars with picture perfect terminal performance on all of them even when hit at a bad angle in a hurry.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.