Lion hunt gone bad

my buddy runs a gnarly american pitbull terrier with a vest and spiked collar with his hounds just in case of trouble the pitbul hangs back out of the way of the hounds and if one gets in trouble the pitbull comes in and helps out, that pits head has to be 30lbs by itself, the pit also doubles as a pack dog he carries water and supplies, also he runs at least five hounds at a time so they will pack up, the bad thing about the pit is he has no wind and is often left far behind when the chase is on.

Impressive, I wouldnt have thought a pit could take a wolf. Thats pretty cool!
you may have misunderstood me, i never seen the dog fight a wolf, but with his kevlar vest and spiked collar im sure he could, this isnt the normal 45lb pit, his head is the size of a basketball , he is around 100lbs and yes he has fought off a cougar and a few blackbears but also those animals he was fighting off werent there to get him either it was the hounds that were after them im not sure what would happen if he was the prey

i live a long way from where u guys have to deal with the wolves in fact me and some other guys had to impolitely inform one of those rich city broads who now calls herself a "country girl" that those beautiful wolves that she speaks so highly of is nothing but an out of control killing machine evidently she had no clue that they didnt get their food from krogers and im not even makin that up! i live in west virginia and all we hear is what we get from u guys and in the mags but i do know every person i know here is with u guys and if we were in ur position there would be no hesitation and pardon the phrase but it would be slaughter time no exception there is no reason for an unchecked killin machine! to tell u the truth they should send some of the boys from the bottom of wv out their its 2011 and they still cant have a deer gun season down there those guys do what they want plain and simple. it makes me sick hearing these stories and wish u guys the best of luck

On my last Western hunt there were wolves in the area. If opportunity would have presented itself I would have handed my rifle to my guide — who carried a wolf tag. If time wouldn't permit that I had decided I would kill any wolves I saw on sight. Sadly, we never got the opportunity. MY ATTITUDES TOWARDS WOLVES HAVEN'T CHANGED.

Most western hunters I got to know were surprised to see an over-educated, intelligent Eastern hunter who was realistic about wolves. We're not all naive city folk!

I'm surprised the collared wolves haven't been shot by now. Game management has stopped collaring bears in many Eastern states since hunters with dogs can use their dog-tracking electronics to find the collars. I'm sure the same could be done with wolves that have been collared!

Xylitol Artificial Sweetener Is Toxic To All Canines! .........December 11, 2010. The following information is being sent out to warn hunters who go afield with dogs.

Lobo Watch - Wolf News

read that article on that link, ANY self RESPECTING Hunter would sticky this web-site.

We have had wolf problems in wisconsin since the early 90's. Hunting dogs, bird dogs, pets in yards, livstock within 20 yards of there barns. These are not wolves but Marauding dogs.

I have seen them in my yard, I have a 2, 5, and 7 year old, who love to play outside, I am constantly watching for them. Given the choice what do you think I will do?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.