Mountain Lion attacks hunter

Okay 4 short stories:
1. My grandpa was camping under a rock house in East Tennessee in approximately 1941. He along with a few friends were about 11 to 13 years old. They had one carbide mining light and a campfire was going. The boys were swapping stories when all of a sudden one of the boys got big eyes and fell deathly quiet...A large cat (mtn. lion) glowing eyes were visible at the edge of the fire's light. Quick witted my grandpa grabbed the only gun among them a model 67 Winchester .22....As the cat approached low to the ground in a stalking fashion the iron sights rested between the big glowing yellow eyes. A stand-off ensued. All the boys circled behind my grandpa...He wanted to pull the trigger but didn't. He was afraid if he injured the cat it would kill one of them. After what felt like an eternity....It turned and walked away.
2. One of our life long hunting friends was squirrel hunting in the fall of 1972. He had just collected a coupled of squirrels he had knocked out of a big tree. It was warm and dry and he heard foot steps. Pot growing was common back then so he hid behind a log. He peeped over an to his amazement a pair of mtn lions walked by in single file. They passed by him within 10 yards. He was unsure of what animal he just saw being an uneducated man. Finally a few years later he saw mtn. lions on a TV show and exclaimed "That is what I seen!"
3. As a hunter and Forest ranger I had heard many recent stories of lions, panthers,and etc. in my area. I was skeptical. Till 2 friends, who do not know each other saw a cat within a couple of miles of each other, the same week. I had a friend who is a life long resident of my county tell me this story. He had been walking for exercise on his mountainous property when he heard a twig snap behind him...he turn to see a 100 pound mtn. lion crouched 15 yards away. He only had a stick so he raised it over his head and yelled. The cat bolted away. Needless to say he was shaken and now is armed every time he goes to the woods.
4. The same week another friend and former Marine was visiting from Kingsport, TN. He was clearing a 4x4 trail on our local off road park. A couple of miles from my walking friend ^^. He was cutting small trees by hand with a bow saw...heard something looked up and saw a crouched mtn. lion a few yards away. He picked up one of the small trees he just cut and slammed the ground between him and the cat. It bolted away, He too NEVER goes in our woods without being armed.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.