• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Lightweight compact rifle

I only mention this because you listed this option. My wife has a Rem Model 7 (260), which seems like a youth gun(?). She go it before we met. Took a bit to convince her to upgrade the scope to a Zeiss V4. It is a great gun and light weight. She has MS, so can't carry much weight. I am a fan of Tikkas too, which some have mentioned.

I have a rifles inc chambered in 270WBY it's all around carry and can shoot out To 700 yards no problem. I have also shot the NULA which is also very accurate, I went with the rifles Inc it just feels better with the thin palm swell.

I would suggest that you look at a Winchester model 70 compact , it comes in 3-4 caliber s . I bought one yrs ago for my daughters first rifle

I have a semi-custom Rem model 7 in 243. Only stock items are action and the trigger. The current stock is a B&C (added a little more weight, but I wanted even better accuracy). The barrel is a Benchmark SS fluted #3 contour (0.625 @ muzzle). The barrel is 22" in length and has a fast twist of 1 in 7" to stabilize the 105 gr. Berger VLD. Rifle shoots 3/4 MOA. Current round count is 289. Rifle is cerakoted in digital camo with light sage green base. Weighs 8.5 lbs with scope. Estimate close to 7 lbs w/o scope. Would also include original stock, which is about 6-8 oz lighter than B&C stock. Great rig - just never find time to shoot it. if this is something close to what you are looking for - let me know.

Thompson Center Contender carbine. I have two. Very light, compact and handy.

I just picked up a Savage Ultralight in 6.5 PRC. It has the 24" Proof Research threaded barrel. It's got a Trijicon Accupoint 5-20x50 with green mildot mounted on it. If you're interested DM. Only reason I would consider getting rid of it is might buy a 300 RUM and hang onto my 6.5 Creedmor lightweight hunter.

Bergara Premier Mountain Rifle. Lightweight at 6lbs. Carbon fiber stock and ceracote. Plus trigger tech trigger. I have one in 270. Finding a load was difficult because every load I put in it from 130s to 150s cut holes at 100. Had to take it to 200 and even then most of the loads were at 1-1.5". Amazing rifles you won't be disappointed.

Not super light but compact I have a Dirk Schemmil built 6.5 creedmoor​
Details:​
Manners compact stock 9 position posh button (black,blue purple)​
Remington prelock short action​
Proof 20 in carbon sendero barrel​
AAC 51 tooth brake (suppressor QD)​
Greyboe M5 bottom metal​
Remington trigger sweet"ed" up​
$2500 plus the ride...​

Attachments

• IMG_3184.JPG
    IMG_3184.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 47
I have an ultralight 240 WBY I want to sell. It is a screamer of a round but I don't shoot it much anymore.

Saw a midget of a 708 in a gunshop today...
HuxGuns Chubbuck idaho....had a decent Leupold on it too...$800