• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Womens/compact rifle

Bmccart

Looking for a new rifle for the wife. Needs to be a womens/compact rifle as she has pretty short arms. Looking for something in a .308, 7mm-08 or maybe a 280 ai. Threaded barrel or muzzle brake already installed would be a plus. Let me know what you have

May want to look at this one.

EnogKQ1l.jpg

I put this together for my wife and have since bought her a Tikka.

Savage 10 in nice condition with minor handling marks. Started off life as a 308 and I had it re-barreled (no barrel nut) to 7mm-08 in stainless from a Ruger take-off in 280 and cut to 21 inches.

Placed into a Hogue green over-molded stock and converted to a DBM. Comes with 2 magazines. Length of pull is 13 11/6 as pictured. I have a thin walnut butt plate (painted black looks appropriate) and is included if the shooter needs a 1/2 inch shorter length of pull. With the thin butt plate, the LOP worked very well for my 5'01" wife. With the thin butt pad, would be a good rifle for a small statured lady or young adult who could grow into the rifle.

7lbs 5 ounces as pictured.

Shoots just under MOA with CFE-223 handloads for both 140 TSXs (2830 fps) and 139 Hornady ILs. Load data available to buyer. Approximately 100 rounds down the tube.

Rifle has taken deer, wild boar, cow elk, and a moose.

$485 shipped and insured in lower 48. Cross listed on other sites.