Lightest copper/mono 6.5 .264 bullet safe for whitetail/mule under 250 yards???

Have them do most their practice with something cheap, like 22LR or .223. If they need to shoot the Swede for lots of practice, find some cheaper lead-core bullets for shooting targets. Even if point of impact is slightly different, they can get the feel of the rifle and then double-check the zero before hunting.

I love the barnes ttsx and use them in almost all of my guns. They don't seem to be very picky in load development and are great at that range. We've shot deer and bears within 20 yards and they always perform.

Hmm.... Price is really about the same as Barnes. Premium, but not over a $ a throw.... They look wicked, after expansion. Google search is pretty sparse though, not a lot of chatter.

I am just messing around with this idea anyhow -- I tried to unload the old Swede, then upon finding out that no one wanted it for anything over $200, I got mad and kept it. Stupid to sell a gun that will shoot 1/2" groups, at least for $200. But its not worth a longer barrel (like that's its asset anyhow, a good barrel), so I am trying to figure out how to use it right and a "short" range gun seemed right......

Yeah most of the talk is about their 300 Blackout offerings, but the .458 500gr Subsonic Rex is insane... Something like 2 inch expansion. Any of the suggested projectiles will perform well. Best of luck with this endeavor

The twist in the Mauser Swede rifles is a metric measurement that is between 7 1/2 & 8 inch twist.

I just quick ran a few numbers. I would expect you to be able to run the 99g Hammer Hunter at 3000fps with a mild load. At that vel the 99g Hammer Hunter would carry 1800fps to 600y. I calced this at 2000' elev. This bullet will retain 70% of its weight at any impact vel down to 1800fps with virtually the same bullet deformation throughout the range of impact velocities. It is soft enough to work well with thin skin and tough enough to handle heavy angled shots on game.

Remember, Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.