lighter fluid on trigger and bolt

I use Ronsinol to flush the trigger. I don't do it often, perhaps once a year, and I use compressed air to dry it. No lube. Lube, IMO, just collects dust
Cleaning the bolt interior/exterior, also annually, involves flushing it with solvent, blowing dry with compressed air and lubricating the outer surfaces with a light coat of ATF. When I don't have ATF I use Kroil. I lube the bolt lugs with a spot of disc brake grease and the firing pin/spring assembly with a light coating of graphite based grease.
I'm very careful not to use too much of any lubricant in any of those areas to avoid lubricants from infiltrating the trigger group assembly.

+1

What he said !!!

J E CUSTOM

morning, small info. to clean my bolt and barrel, i use Quick silver Mercury carb. cleaner. i spray the foam on the assemblies. stand the bolt in a pie pan, let set over night. air clean, then clean then spray the assembly one more air blow and wipe with cotton cloth. the barrel i put a cotton ball at the end of the barrel. spray the carb. in the chamber and barrel let set over in night in container. spray again, let set. U willlightbulb find bullet residue on the cotton ball then take the cotton ball out of the barrel and clean as needed. spray brake cleaner in the chamber, use carb cleaner on a cotton swave, apply to chamber. I got this info from and older man, who was shooting a 308 match comp and I was observing his technics. use this procedure ever since. TU carbon tech bought in a qt. can works great.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.