X-Bolt trigger spring

I hear a rumor that there is a spring fix to lighten up the stock triggers for the XZ-Bolt action.

Can someone enlighten me as to HOW? and WHERE available? Thanks
Timney just came out with the XBOLT replacement trigger, It will be here in 5 days & I cant wait.

The Timney is good news! Previously the only option for replacement was Jard, at $250. The Timney at $175 seems more reasonable. I've got the Mcarbo springs in both of mine, and they break about 2.75 lbs, good for most hunting rigs, but too heavy still for a target rifle.

I'll give the $13 fix a try first - anything has to be better! I've been able to shoot great groups with my .223 varmint special, but the factory trigger is noticeably heavier than all my other rifles. Can't wait to see the improvement!

We took the adustment screw completely out on one and it was just a hair over 2lbs and still functions fine. Even at that weight, it is still not what I would consider a smooth trigger.

Everyone's perception of a good trigger is different. I might have gotten lucky cause my x-bolt long rang hunter trigger has almost no movement at all. Just breaks crisply at 4 3/4-5 1/4lbs. Hopefully the mcarbo trigger spring will get that down to 2 1/2lbs. I will update once I've tried it at the range. I do love my timneys mostest lol! But if I can get a factory trigger down to bout 3lbs and it is predictable/ easy enough to learn, I'll just save my money for reloads and get comfortable with a few dry fires before a hunt or range session.

Update on Mcarbo trigger spring for x bolt. It defiantly improved and I'm happy with purchase. The original spring is difficult to remove so be careful and watch install video. I found a tiny flat head screw driver (for working on glasses) allowed me more feedback on knowing when I only had original spring hooked for removal instead of the spring base. It was hard to see.

I hate the Xbolt trigger, I purchased a Jard trigger a few months ago. I'll give yall my opinion once I get it put in. I wish the Timney would have been available at the time I ordered....oh well.

I hate the Xbolt trigger, I purchased a Jard trigger a few months ago. I'll give yall my opinion once I get it put in. I wish the Timney would have been available at the time I ordered....oh well.
I received the Timney replacement trigger for the xbolt & as expected the trigger is awesome! I did have an issue with the safety button function once the action screws were torqued to spec & after researching the problem it seems that in some cases the stock browning stock requires either some inletting or a spacer on the back receiver screw. Some might have gotten upset over this, myself however decided this was all the excuse I needed to buy the McMillan stock I have been wanting .

I swapped out 3 trigger springs from mcarbo this weekend. One of the triggers is horrendous yet. The other 2 are good and got one down to about 40 oz and the other to around 48 oz.

When installing Mcarbo on my X-bolt the instructional video said to leave a maximum of two and a half threads exposed on spring tension adjustment screw. At that setting it was slightly improved. I had to leave three and a half exposed to get where I wanted. I used removable blue Loctite and have now fired over 100 rounds through it with no problems. I check it often

Put the Jard trigger in last night. The install went off without a hitch. The trigger is far superior to the stock trigger that came with the rifle. It breaks clean with no creep and is plenty light. Overall it's a nice trigger, the price is a bit high though.

I finally got around to measuring pull on both of my X-bolts with the Mcarbo spring, both break tight under 2 lbs. Feels just as good as my Rem triggers that have been professionally done.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.