Jewll Trigger Lighter Fluid

JGRJR

I know lighter fluid is the only thing recommended to clean and "lube" a Jewell trigger. The question I have is what type? The number one recommended type seems to be charcoal grill lighter fluid. I went to buy some and Kingsford and all the others I could find say no odor on the label. Is that the right stuff or has something changed in the formula?

I know lighter fluid is the only thing recommended to clean and "lube" a Jewell trigger. The question I have is what type? The number one recommended type seems to be charcoal grill lighter fluid. I went to buy some and Kingsford and all the others I could find say no odor on the label. Is that the right stuff or has something changed in the formula?
ronsonol

Like said above not charcoal starter fluid, cigaret lighter fluid like you would refill a Zippo lighter. Ronson brand, it comes in a yellow and blue can.

Any good grade of solvent should flush the trigger. What happens to the solvent inside your trigger after the flushing should also be considered. Something might work well on a July afternoon in San Marcos TX and not as well on a January morning in Saratoga WY.

Ok. I emailed Jewell

Me-I am a Jewell Trigger owner and I have heard it is recommended to flush the trigger with lighter fluid. Which lighter fluid is recommended?

Jewell-
We use charcoal lighter fluid but you can use brake cleaner as well.
Jewelltriggers.com
(512)3532999

Me-Thanks for getting back to me. I have looked at charcoal lighter fluid. Most of them like Kingsford say on the label no odor. Is that the right stuff?

Jewell-Yes

Ok. I emailed Jewell

Me-I am a Jewell Trigger owner and I have heard it is recommended to flush the trigger with lighter fluid. Which lighter fluid is recommended?

Jewell-
We use charcoal lighter fluid but you can use brake cleaner as well.
Jewelltriggers.com
(512)3532999

Me-Thanks for getting back to me. I have looked at charcoal lighter fluid. Most of them like Kingsford say on the label no odor. Is that the right stuff?

Jewell-Yes
Well how about that. Years ago they did recommend the other type.

I was worried that some of the newer lighter fluids would not have the light oil residue from some of the older lighter fluids. I think the newer Kingsford fluid that says low odor is probably not the same as before. Jewell is maybe more concerned with the cleaning?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.