Jewll Trigger Lighter Fluid

Everything and more about all the lighter fluid (not the brake cleaner) All y' all might ever need to know: https://www.google.com/search?q=lighter+fluid+msds+sheet&oq=lighter+fluid+MSDS
The Naval Aviator says, Jet A1 = JP4 and JP5 is for aboard ship since it is less flammable! But I really liked 115/145 avgas in a radial piston engine, just like liquid dynamite!
You can probably get Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for most of the stuff you use and wonder about!

Salud,
Shootski

We carried 115/145 avgas , JP5 as well as Navy distillate on Navy oilers . We transferred hundreds of thousands of gallons per month to other ships . I'm not sure what the Navy uses now .

This quarantine stuff has got to us all if we can write and read three pages discussing the difference between Zippo, Ronsonol or Kingsford. :)
No doubt, How about starting fluid? I have used this stuff for 10 years and it cleans, de greases and evaporates in seconds. Far superior to any brake cleaner. anybody else use starting fluid?

Nope it's way too unstable and gives me a head ache not a big fan of ether .
Been using it for a long time so I think I'm Immune to it. We used it extensively to clean aircraft parts out on the flight line. We had a safty officer who claimed it was bad stuff until he looked at the MSDS sheets and compared it to other spray type cleaners. After his studies he cleared us back to using it as long as we used it outside. But it works great to de grease gun parts as well-outside of course.

Compared to a lot of solvents it's not as bad for you when used outside with protection for your hands it darn sure will take the oil out of your skin and dry it out . I saw a guy spraying it into a box that had some pinkies ( baby mice ) in it until some butt head threw a lit match in the box burned them up and all of the guys hair off , the world is full of cold individuals with no concern for other lives .

I have a Jewell trigger on a HCR rifle that I had built 3 years ago. When do I need or have to flush the trigger? It seems to work great, is this a maintenance procedure or done when there is a problemo?

I like to clean mine right before hunting season every year. There are some areas I shoot that are very dusty and I may have to clean them after a few shooting sessions with the jewels or the fpa will start to release as you close the bolt.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.