Light stuff in the 6.5 creedmoor.

25 Otter

Who is having success with the light weight bullets in the 6.5 Creedmoor? The under 120 grain jobbies.

I'd be interested to hear this too, as I'm currently using a 130 Accubond in my Weatherby Altitude (deer). Shoots the Accubond great with RL-15 as a propellant. I'd like to load something in the 100 grain range, as the rifle is so light it would be nice as a stalking varminter as well. I tried my luck with 123 grain SSTs in it initially but could not get them to print under 1 MOA.

I took the liberty of taking a whack at some light stuff. Bought some 95 grain Hornady VMAX. Here is what I ended up with. The first two were out of a squeaky clean pipe. Not saying it had any bearing on the results. My back bag was giving me aggravation too.

When we designed our 110g Hammer Hunter and the 99g Hammer Hunter It was with the creed in mind. These bullets will get you well over the 3000 fps mark and work well on big game.

I'd be interested to hear this too, as I'm currently using a 130 Accubond in my Weatherby Altitude (deer). Shoots the Accubond great with RL-15 as a propellant. I'd like to load something in the 100 grain range, as the rifle is so light it would be nice as a stalking varminter as well. I tried my luck with 123 grain SSTs in it initially but could not get them to print under 1 MOA.
+1
AA.jpg

We are working on getting samples loaded on the website. It turned into a bigger project that anticipated to do it right. Eventually we will get there. In the meantime I have been manually creating sample orders for folks. Just call me @ 406 261 0010 and I can do it for you. What we have been doing is 15 bullets for half the price of a box of 50, includes shipping. If you do more than one sample then I would take off an additional $10 for each extra sample.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.