light .308 loads

125gr Nosler Bal Tips; Varget( start at 46gr and work up). The max in my rifle is 49.5gr. This load shoots clover leafs at 100yds. It is also DRT on Florida whitetails.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

This has become my inside 350 yard deer load. 46 grs IMR4895, CCI BR2 primer, WW case, 125 Nosler Ballistic Tip. From my 21 1/2" Heart barrel 308 Win it does 3000 fps and shoots bug holes and drops deer in their tracks. Felt recoil is about half of 150 gr full loads. How this load came about was because my buddies girl friend wanted to deer hunt and he had an extra 308 Win rifle. We experimented with different loads and bullets and found this load really works. I have killed 50+ deer with this load and can't think of more than two that even took a step and those did not go over three jumps. I have shared this load with a number of people and they all now use it.

40.6 gr RE7 with 110gr Sierra drills into one large hole... 46gr of IMR 4064 also is deadly accurate with the 110.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.