Leupold 15-30 compact spotter- Any reviews anyone ??

Down Under Hunter

Good evening all !

Just interested to know if anyone has used the new series gold ring spotter from Leupy ? Good or bad news appreciated . Somebody already told me that with any wind they get blown around all over even off a decent tripod ??

Was going to buy the 12-40 version until the Aus dollar crashed 30 % against the US ! Bummer !! #*#$!

Cheers

DUH

I have the 15-30 compact. I love it for packing. it is very light. I have it on a cabelas carbon fiber tripod and have had little wind issues. for long term glassing I'm not sure if it is my favorite. the eye relief isnt much and it only has a 50mm objective. its alot like glassing with a rifle scope on a tripod. but the glass is great and it is rubber armor coated so its very durable. this will be me second mule deer hunt with it (leaving for a week as soon as I am done writing this) so I will let you know what I think of it after hunt #2. I am considering selling it to get a full size so if you decide you have to have one let me know.

overall: hard to beat as a backpacking spotter. but not a do everything scope.

good luck.

For a backpacking spotter I put the Nikon ED 13-30x50 at the top. The Lupy plays second fiddle. I'm sure it's cheaper though.

I have used the Nikon and the Leupold they are both very good. I prefer the Leupold.

Mike @ CSGW

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts