Let's talk about 2 mile cartridges

375 Hubble Express: Ed Hubel design parent case 585Hubel Express.

Attachments

• 375 Hubble Express.png
    375 Hubble Express.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 41
the problem is as soon as you post dimensions and case capacities the "tweakers" mimic your design by tweaking a few numbers instead of designing something unique, that's not wildcatting, that copycatting ... has happened to me several times here, I made the mistake of posting my prints and voila the tweakers leaped on it

the problem is as soon as you post dimensions and case capacities the "tweakers" mimic your design by tweaking a few numbers instead of designing something unique, that's not wildcatting, that copycatting ... has happened to me several times here, I made the mistake of posting my prints and voila the tweakers leaped on it

Wildcatting is also not making prints with Quickdesign, die forming a couple cases and posting pictures of it all over the internet with how awesome it is when there is no barrel that has had a reamer put to it with that design, not a single shot fired, not a single fired case resized! Picture making is not wildcatting!!
The best way to keep a case you think you've designed yours is to build it, get the data, get the sizing process and forming process nailed, burn a barrel out then drop the design, I know it's no where near as internet awesome but it's true wildcatting and makes a design yours!

We got few cases done, test gun ready, just going to test to find best

powders that give best speeds, right away, will get photos on as we go along.

The 375 HE is public domain just like 585HE, That is why I had him make print,

and reamer print will be on here and 100 other places/forums in few days.

Public domain whole world. There will be a few who like belted case.

More maybe will want beltless Warlord I think.Ed

quote--'''originator does not loose the pride of originating the design/concept'''

and i have pride in the fact I developed the 585HE that all these started

out on, a case with a new belted size, pride is why I want it out there

in any form. Hell there is no profit as the in green, becomes out green, for

next run of cases. Ed

Wildcatting is also not making prints with Quickdesign, die forming a couple cases and posting pictures of it all over the internet with how awesome it is when there is no barrel that has had a reamer put to it with that design, not a single shot fired, not a single fired case resized! Picture making is not wildcatting!!

I think that pretty well sums it up.

For some of these "creations" it seems there is a lot more picture making of "ideas" than there are actual designs being created and tested. Unless you consider the, "just talking about on the internet", part of the real world testing phase. :rolleyes:

Sometimes a wildcatter will come up with something so similar to yours before you publish that you could be the copycatter.

Just stop.

You look like you are having a temper tantrum.

quote-- '' one of these big cases up and running.''

Well the Lethal version running, won some marbles, they building guns.

Our 375HE running and being tested by us, guys got cases ordered,
we making case, guys got gun parts coming.

The beltless Warlord guys doing cases and guns right away.

That is three right there, and if bunches show up at 2 mile with

good wind spotters, it will be a earth shaking contest.. Ed

I am hoping that by the way you talk we might see some powder and bullet testing done to a measurable amount that will give us all an accurate baseline to begin with.

Well Mitch posted I think 3400 fps, with 350gr on a FB thread

using HBMG and/or RE 50.. Ed

Using 32 inch., ,, Mitch had 32" on first gun he won with.

And that is what the 350 gr loads above tested in is his first gun...

the print--It is public domain, anybody in the world can use it, prints will be at makers few days, if folks know how they can make die/roughing reamers also using info. Any questions please ask..Ed.

Attachments

• 2aaaa585reamer.jpg
    2aaaa585reamer.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 34