Let's talk about 2 mile cartridges

And he got 405 gr to 3100, without the optimal powder, I

plan on finding best powder with test gun I'm doing.Ed

Just to add 2c worth. I have a .375 AM at 3300fps with gets 12"" groups at 2200 yds and hits 3' rocks at 2500 yds. Took a deer at 805 yds last year with it. Kirby is finishing a .338 AM for me. My .375 Sniptac is lighter and I ve taken elk from 117-636yds with it. I badly need reloading set for it if somebody can sell me a set. Dave Viers used to load for me and I m waiting for a 416/585 from him. The .375VM was based on a 585 case.

I ran the numbers through JBM ballistics. You are correct, the 419gr (.408) does have a slightly lower B.C. However, when pushed at the same velocities has much less wind drift at 3600 yds.

The 419gr (.408) also has a lower Sectional Density than the .375 which should allow them to be pushed a little bit faster (in theory, P.O. Ackley).

As far as a case is involved, neck up the "Warlord" and rock and roll! I don't remember anything about compressed loads with the .375's, which would mean there is room for additional powder that the .408 could handle?

The ultimate question is how much velocity does a "bore-rider" gain over a conventional bullet?

In case it helps this discussion, I have a .408 CT wildcat throwing the 419s (actually 421.5) at 3070.
I hope to bring it to a 2 mile challenge next year. It is in a benchrest stock but I am moving it to the extended A5, but maybe not in time for the competition. It is on order from MacMillian.

Based on the information provided by EHubel, I've drawn up what I think the 375 Warlord is.

Since the Warlord guy wants it in the public domain, if he is on here he can provide the corrections by I think it's close enough to do some internal ballistics work.

Where and how do you get workitem? Is that what you used? If not what did you use to do this drawing. When I do this I take pencil and paper and the tools needed to get it to scale on paper. This takes time.

Thanks for your help.

Where and how do you get workitem? Is that what you used? If not what did you use to do this drawing. When I do this I take pencil and paper and the tools needed to get it to scale on paper. This takes time.

Thanks for your help.

I use QuickDesign to make my drawing of what I thought the 375 Warlord specs were.

Then Swamlord posted it in this thread on page 9.

I was only off a few .001 here and there.

I use QuickDesign to make my drawing of what I thought the 375 Warlord specs were.

Then Swamlord posted it in this thread on page 9.

I was only off a few .001 here and there.

Thanks. I will look into it. Should be better then the old pencil and paper method.

Thanks again!

LR3-- What bullet wt in the 375 AM at 3300

Mitch is in eastern Clare county, I'm in NW Isabella county.

He is NE Clare, I'm SW Clare. Swamplord put final print of reamer

in this thread and that is print JGS has... Ed

I am interested in doing a Warlord! Do you guys do chambering? I contacted my smith and he is willing to do it. I have the Lawton 8000 with mag. It is chambered in 338-408 now so all I would need would be barrel brass and dies. Heck could most likely make a switch barrel. But feel that once shooting it I would not go back. I do have another barrel and bolt to make it 7mm416 rigby but never went back HaHaHa By the way , my son lives in fenton are you near?

I can chamber, even switch barrels, will have reamer soon, or you and smith can buy

reamer from JGS. If he has it then he can do more of them.Pro and I have cases soon.

PM me for particulars. We are about 100 miles from Fenton...Ed

Ed. For both the .375 AM and Snipetac I use 350 gr SMK. The load for the Snipetac is not as hot.

Read all 12 pages , fascinating!
Anyway, just a question on components for these 2 mile rigs.
What rings and scope setup are you running in order to reach out to the 2 mile mark with these big rifles?
When I had a 338 Big Baer, I had a 40 MOA rail, and a NXS scope, but didn't shoot farther than a mile.
Also, what weight rifle will you all building this caliber in?
My 338 was about 16# with a break shooting the 300 gr SMK, and was very comfortable to shoot. But, these rifles might need a little more weight to them?

McMillan A5 Super Mag stock, Rock Creek barrel, Nightforce ATACR MOA scope,

Phoenix Precision Bipod and Mitchs own Lethal Precision Arms muzzle brake.

Gun 18 lbs, he is going more barrel so maybe 20 lbs plus next year. Ed