2 Mile Range Finder?

wish my terrapin worked,sure it out of alignment.Not worth it fix quote$$1500,pouring rain one day and I could LR about 600,my lieca 1200 would do 100 in same conditions

The old terrapins worked well. Vectronics plrf 25 will also get the job done. Some of the newcon optiks like the 3500.

I hear vortex can make it in those distances with with the 4000 in ELR mode...as long as the target being ranged is big enough...not sure of that one though.

wish my terrapin worked,sure it out of alignment.Not worth it fix quote$$1500,pouring rain one day and I could LR about 600,my lieca 1200 would do 100 in same conditions

That's not right at all! I'm always a little nervous about what will happen if mine ever needs repairs. For pure ranging ability though, it's hard to beat. Although I just can't seem to break the 4950 yard mark with it. LOL
iKdEDdn.jpg

The old terrapins worked well. Vectronics plrf 25 will also get the job done. Some of the newcon optiks like the 3500.

I hear vortex can make it in those distances with with the 4000 in ELR mode...as long as the target being ranged is big enough...not sure of that one though.
One of my shooting buddies just got one and we tested it against my sig. He said he got some returns off buildings at 3000+. I'll try and get some pics. Tripod helped a lot with long ranging

Vectronix PLRF15s work well also.

If someone was just shooting into the 2400+ range, we tested the Vortex Razor against the PLRF15 and Vectors, it was very interesting how the Razor preformed very well on target faces while we were at Raton New Mexico last year during the KO2M event.

Cheers
Iamosoh

Last edited:
Vectronix PLRF15s work well also.

If someone was just shooting into the 2000+ range, we tested the Vortex Razor against the PLRF15 and Vectors, it was very interesting how the Razor preformed very well on target faces while we were at Raton New Mexico last year during the KO2M event.

Cheers
Iamosoh

Yep, that's where I got my info too. I'm only hesitant to mention a hard yes or no because I never seen the rangefinder personally hit the 36^2 target at 3500y.

We were testing the Razor 4000 abilities against the high end units that we depend on, as well as using it for inclination readings with double tapping the targets twice for consistency. It was interesting as we got farther out the error in which was a few yards only narrowed or improved as we got farther out. I believe the Applied Ballistics crew was testing it against their equipment as well.

The key with any of the LRF units at distance is getting the unit rock solid when pinging and always double checking for good numbers.

Iamosoh
JH

When I finally hit the 2 mile it was with the aid of a Vectronix PLRF25C BT X2 W/Kestrel upgrade. I can't recommend that you purchase this rangefinder unless you're either well off financially or have the ability to recognize your own limitations and have someone else to reimburse your costs and take it off your hands so you can repay the second mortgage loan you took out to buy it. Obviously, I was fortunate enough to meet the second because this system will cost over $10K, if you have sales tax and then you can easily figure another $15K for rifle, scope, targets, communication equipment and all of the support it will take over many failed attempts, because of weather interruptions just as you are about to get the closing shot. Hundreds of different loads for the tightest groups imaginable, costing thousands of hours testing. For what? To say that I hit a 2 shot 23.2" group at 3541 yards or over 2 miles? You bet your a** and I would do it again if I hadn't already done it. Well maybe I would?Sure didn't try for the 3rd shot!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.