Let see the 2023 spring bear success

My only advise on shooting bears (Brown) is keep shooting. All Brown bears should not be trusted but a wounded one should be feared.

Spring bear season, what's that???

We only get 4 days for bear, a couple days before deer rifle season.

And everyone says about the deer knowing when hunting season starts.

Duh....

Spring bear season, what's that???

We only get 4 days for bear, a couple days before deer rifle season.

And everyone says about the deer knowing when hunting season starts.

Duh....
Do you have that many people killing bears in your area ? I only know a few around me that even bother to bear hunt. There are a few in the area but nothing to write home about yet.

I thought PA also opened up Bear during early muzzleloader. We killed one 2 years ago in Potter Co.
Different hunting zones have different seasons & lengths of season.

@M1A1ABRAMS ,

Quite a few hunt bear within a couple hours of me.
From the PA/ MD line up through to Potter & McKean countys.

Mennonites by Martinsburg PA put on some big drives on state game lands.

And I've seen drives 30 strong up in Elk State Forest near Bennezette.

I killed this one a couple of years ago about 2 miles from Mexican border. S&W Scandium 38 +P. He spooked and ran into a small cave .I taunted him until he charged and i let him have it. He was probably recently out of the den. Was eating yucca hearts. Right at 20".

I have a spring permit on the east side of Kodiak this year. I won't use a 38 on that hunt🤭
4497.jpg

I killed this one a couple of years ago about 2 miles from Mexican border. S&W Scandium 38 +P. He spooked and ran into a small cave .I taunted him until he charged and i let him have it. He was probably recently out of the den. Was eating yucca hearts. Right at 20".

I have a spring permit on the east side of Kodiak this year. I won't use a 38 on that hunt🤭
View attachment 541337
I "need" to get a desert bear. Very cool.