Let see the 2023 spring bear success

Northern BC at end of May. Lots of clover, dandelions, and wild raspberries. 4 bears harvested. All over 6 feet. 3 skulls over 19 inches, one at 18.5 inches. We were seeing 15+ bears per day. First bear, and biggest, taken first day on the way into camp by my buddies 11-year old granddaughter at 10 yards. Two by my son, and one by me.
Berry bears—Absolutely delicious!
IMG_5991.jpeg
IMG_5999.jpeg

Northern BC at end of May. Lots of clover, dandelions, and wild raspberries. 4 bears harvested. All over 6 feet. 3 skulls over 19 inches, one at 18.5 inches. We were seeing 15+ bears per day. First bear, and biggest, taken first day on the way into camp by my buddies 11-year old granddaughter at 10 yards. Two by my son, and one by me.
Berry bears—Absolutely delicious!

So were these taken spot and stalk ' ish style over or between natural food vs over bait, or were you bait hunting?

Sounds like healthy bears and phenomenal hunting.

Winters been scary light in the Gallatin this year, actually saw my first snow gopher of the year yesterday. At this rate the G bears will be out and roaming a bit fairly soon. Expect to hear the of the first sighting in the next 30 or so.

Bcid …… details PlEASE!,,,,,👍🤝🍺🍺🍺🍺🇺🇸💪
This was a boat based hunt and her first brown bear. She looked at over 20 bears in the past couple years and just didn't see what she was after . She shot this bear in the last half hour of the last day of our trip last spring . We were discussing our options for her next year and as we made a last ditch effort we came around a peninsula and spotted this bear. After looking him over she decided she wanted a try so we got the boat to the beach about 1500 yards from where we last saw him and unloaded .After a hike through the timber to get closer we set up hoping/waiting for him to feed back out. And he did. Most SE AK Bears are just a dark mud brown but this one had some unique highlights in the hide which was in fantastic condition so she took him. We had incoming weather and need to get across a couple bodies of ocean that get notoriously ugly so we hustled and got out just ahead of the weather . She used a 375 ruger with 250 gr Cutting Edge Maximus. Dropped him on the spot at 250 yards. It was a great time , he's going to make a beautiful rug.