Let’s see your coyote rifle!

What kind of dog do you have that enjoys that kind of work, and isn't there a real risk of rabies or some other fatal canid disease being transmitted in that fight? I've always wondered that when I've seen people use dogs on yotes
Dog is vaccinated for rabies so I don't worry if mine tangles with coyote while bird hunting.

Like it a lot actually. Have used on big game rifles for 7 or 8 years now. Longest shot was a 6x on a bear at 600 yards. They take a beating and track well.
How are they in low light? I'm thinking 600 yard limit with maybe a very rare 800 yard shot. TIA

Could well have been.., I will review the "FOOTAGE"... LMAO
skipglo, treeslug here. I have a friend that has some gunpowder he wants to sell. I do not know if anyone here would be interested in these powders or what they would pay, but if I can figure out how to put a picture from my email on to this site, it may be something someone needs. If you know anyone that might be able to tell me how to do that, Have them PM me. Thanks

skipglo, treeslug here. I have a friend that has some gunpowder he wants to sell. I do not know if anyone here would be interested in these powders or what they would pay, but if I can figure out how to put a picture from my email on to this site, it may be something someone needs. If you know anyone that might be able to tell me how to do that, Have them PM me. Thanks
Bud...you can do it two ways....however easiest...click on the pic...save it to your desktop...if on your phone...click and save to photos....then come here....attach file button... upload pic....

Bud...you can do it two ways....however easiest...click on the pic...save it to your desktop...if on your phone...click and save to photos....then come here....attach file button... upload pic....
Thanks, comrade buddy. My way smarter than I will ever be wife did it for me. It is posted in the classified section under reloading. I hope.

Here is mine, I know were not suppose to have favorites they other rifles get jealous.
Yes Daddy loves you all equally LOL
It is actually an AI version now, man I tell you once I discovered AI I hogged out all my rifles.
This one shoots 70gr Blitz Kings 4200 FPS with a compressed load of RL17.
87gr Vmax's are good for 4000 FPS and will stabilize even in a 12 Twist.

Dean
IMG_0196.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg

Last edited:
Do you let your bird dog chase rabbits when you are bird hunting? My dad used to really hate for his dogs to chase rabbits. Seems that once they got away with that once or twice, they were hard to break from that habit.
My dog and I have this deal. I shoot it and he retrieves it. So if we're duck or pheasant or sharptail hunting that is easy. If a coyote gets up, he retrieves it. Rabbits, he retrieves it. We both like birds the most and a simple "leave it" command gets him off rabbits and coyotes if I am not interested.

How are they in low light? I'm thinking 600 yard limit with maybe a very rare 800 yard shot. TIA
I have hunted with that scope as well as various SWFA 3x9 and Nightforces. I can get past legal shooting hours where I hunt with all of them. I have had no issues with the 6x on game. That bear at 600 was very early one morning and I rang his bell pretty easily. Have held on many does at very last light and would have been no issues shooting them. For the price I just don't think they can be beat.

My dog and I have this deal. I shoot it and he retrieves it. So if we're duck or pheasant or sharptail hunting that is easy. If a coyote gets up, he retrieves it. Rabbits, he retrieves it. We both like birds the most and a simple "leave it" command gets him off rabbits and coyotes if I am not interested.

My dad is dead now, so I guess I can tell you that I love cottontail rabbit. When I was hunting quail and my dad was not around, I used to let her chase the cottontails. My dad always knew I did that, and sometimes I think he made a big show of not wanting her to chase those delicious little bunnies just to tease me. He loved rabbit, too.