Let’s see those Smokeless builds!!

Deputy819 was my lucky charm today. We were on the same "page" I suppose since both of us were lucky today. Sorry for the picture, but was getting dark and nobody else to take the photo with me in it.

Converted CVA 45-70 Scout smokeless muzzleloader.
IMG_1008.jpeg

Last edited:
Deputy819 was my lucky charm today. We were on the same "page" I suppose since both of us were lucky today. Sorry for the picture, but was getting dark and nobody else to take the photo with me in it.

View attachment 510127
Absolutely fantastic. Congrats

Need a bit more info. Load and shot distance and blood trail/tracking distance. Thx and congrats again

Absolutely fantastic. Congrats

Need a bit more info. Load and shot distance and blood trail/tracking distance. Thx and congrats again
56 grains of IMR 4198
Parker 275 grain projectile
209 primer
.060 veggie wad
Range 130 yards
Instant kill. No tracking needed.

By the way, I just purchased this rifle Monday of this week.

View attachment 510127
Man, would ya look at that?!?! THAT'S what I'm talking about!! Absolutely AWESOME! Congratulations, buddy! I'm genuinely HAPPY for you. 👍

Okay but here's my thing. Luke recommends 80gr of h322 which is great. But what if that doesn't shoot worth a ****. Do you move up in .5 gr increments, full grain, move down. When is too much and too little pressure. That's the part I don't understand. I fully intend to stick with what my builder recommends which most likely is what Luke recommends as he uses arrowheads stuff and recommmeds h322.
I go max recommended, the ladder test down .5 grain at a time, wont take long. without the brass variables theses guns give crazy low SD's and ES's

I go max recommended, the ladder test down .5 grain at a time, wont take long. without the brass variables theses guns give crazy low SD's and ES's
On my last outing using 10x @ 90Gr with pittman 303HC I had a 3 shot test group with a ES of 3 and SD of 0. Shot same load 6 more times and es was 10 and SD 2 or 3. Don't remember exactly but was shocked. :)

My apologies to all. I should not have interjected in the way that I did.
I just sometimes think that technology is going to be a major player in us having shorter hunting seasons and I let it get the best of me.
My apologies for interrupting your thread Deputy819.

Recent Posts