Let’s play Long-ish range shooting monthly Challenge

Sorry didn't read through all of them, but I gathered that the criteria and rules are about the same as a US presidential election. Someone tell us exactly how this works again. I've read 10" targets up to the size of a house from 0 to 8000 yards offhand vs bench. Hahaha

I thought the first post was 300, field only, no bench cold bore…

It's had a couple of revisions since the OP! Trm82 with several others giving some input.…..is trying to make a fun, simple, challenging competition, with the ranges increasing every month! memtb

Ron, go all the way back to the OP. However, there have been a few changes along the way.

Post #46, further clarifies this months match/shoot!

It's had a couple of revisions since the OP! Trm82 with several others giving some input.…..is trying to make a fun, simple, challenging competition, with the ranges increasing every month! memtb
Got it. Thanks. Will check original and post #46. Thanks!

WTH????......I thought this was take a gun, cartridge, target, and shoot the thing off hand at 100. 😂 😂 Not shoot 10 rifles one time and take the best one. If you posted what one was the first crack, and all the others would be nice to see. I could find the time to get this done.....even if its 10 degrees out.....just one simple shot with a minute or two in the cold.
I believe I stated shoot as many rifles as you'd like ?🤔measure each rifle separate.
Sorry boys just making this work as we go.
Each rifle is a different entry

Last edited:
Sorry didn't read through all of them, but I gathered that the criteria and rules are about the same as a US presidential election. Someone tell us exactly how this works again. I've read 10" targets up to the size of a house from 0 to 8000 yards offhand vs bench. Hahaha

I thought the first post was 300, field only, no bench cold bore…
A lot of revisions have been made. Sorry brother
Unfortunately I can't edit OP anymore

A lot of revisions have been made. Sorry brother
Unfortunately I can't edit OP anymore

Trm82, these things are difficult to start and get all of the details worked-out. Heck…..this is half the fun! 😂

We'll have patience with you brother, after all it's for a good cause.….so some of us can publicly humiliate ourselves! 😂

Oh, can we age handicap….if so, I just turned 111! 😜 memtb

Let's make a thread starting with A different Cold bore shot each month, example January 1 shot cold bore free standing 100 yards next month we will pick a different yardage and position
( current and not old pics )

Not many rules just be honest and shoot 1 shot cold bore in stated position , state weather conditions , rifles specs and cartridge and load data, shoot and post as many cartridges and rifles as you would like. NO BENCHES ,FIELD POSITIONS ONLY which will be selected monthly and will include bipod , tripod , lay down , no practise shots.
PLEASE MEASURE DISTANCE FROM POINT OF AIM TO IMPACT with each rifle you choose to enter so we can pick a winner each month.
Unfortunately due to weather conditions I can not post pictures first because it's cold AF up here in Canada as well as many other places. Just post as you can and we will gain 100 yards each month till we reach a desired Distance you guys decide on !!

Don't make me play this by myself🤣
This should be interesting and educational……the shooters may become the most educated!😉

Can I assume that benches are not allowed…..and the shooting should replicate "hunting" and would be from typical "in field" stabilizing aides. And should those aides be listed…..example: prone, shooting sticks, bipod, tripod, ect. ? memtb
Did you read the challenge??