Let’s play Long-ish range shooting monthly Challenge

Okay, I am admittedly not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I need a recap of exactly what we are doing, and what will be used to determine the winner?

If single shot, will it be cold bore? Cold shooter?
What does the cartridge/load have to do with anything....Just for talking purposes? How about classes based on muzzle velocity, or bore diameter, Pistols? etc?
Will multiple rifles equate to multiple entries?
What exactly is allowed for those that do not have any physical limitations (assume being bat crap crazy isnt a physical limitation)? Completely naked rifle? Sling only? Standing? Sitting? Kneeling?
If the winner is determined by distance from point of aim, how will the picture depict that? Should the picture have a quarter (or a 10" paper plate) in it to determine size?

I'm excited. Answers will set me free to go shoot.

Okay, I am admittedly not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I need a recap of exactly what we are doing, and what will be used to determine the winner?

If single shot, will it be cold bore? Cold shooter?
What does the cartridge/load have to do with anything....Just for talking purposes? How about classes based on muzzle velocity, or bore diameter, Pistols? etc?
Will multiple rifles equate to multiple entries?
What exactly is allowed for those that do not have any physical limitations (assume being bat crap crazy isnt a physical limitation)? Completely naked rifle? Sling only? Standing? Sitting? Kneeling?
If the winner is determined by distance from point of aim, how will the picture depict that? Should the picture have a quarter (or a 10" paper plate) in it to determine size?

I'm excited. Answers will set me free to go shoot.
Just trying to keep as simple as possible and will change it up each month . February will move to 200 yards and pic a different position that we will decide then.

January is 100 yards free standing , 1 shot cold bore , no practice shots ,measure how far you were from your point of aim
State the following with picture of target
-cartridge(with bullet and velocity) and rifle
-weather
-elevation
-and your measurement

About 6 or 8 years ago, I tried 3, standing, offhand shots at a 16" gong about 320 yards away. To my surprise I hit it 3 for 3. I've never even come close to duplicating that day! 🤬🤬🤬 memtb
Earlier this fall me and the boys just for fun tried leaning on fence post at 650 yards. We all hit and then we did free standing and 500 yards and I hit it also. About 24"x24" steel plates.
To brag a little I hit the orange in the Center on both. 🤣Probably more fluke than anything.
It's a hoot when you can get a bunch of guys and gals together to play around and do that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
I like that idea but I think that one would limit a lot of guys that may health issues or limited mobility. We will have to think of something like that though.
Oh ya good point. Hmmmmm…. How about those that can't exercise for that they have to watch an entire hour of the view 🤣