Len's Snowy Grand Canyon Backpack Adventure - March 2023

Great pics. Have you made any trips to the North Rim? If not, you should check out the Toroweap Overlook.
Yes:

Len, great photos and an awesome adventure. My daughter and I made a day trip last week down South Kaibab Trail to Phantom Ranch and back up Bright Angel Trail. The part from Havasupai Gardens to the rim sucked with just a daypack on. You are an animal!

Len, great photos and an awesome adventure. My daughter and I made a day trip last week down South Kaibab Trail to Phantom Ranch and back up Bright Angel Trail. The part from Havasupai Gardens to the rim sucked with just a daypack on. You are an animal!
Thanks!

I chuckled as I read your comment.

A couple years ago I had an overnight permit for Havasupu Garden with a plan to exit the 2nd day from HG.

I started down from S. K. as you did. I think I got to HG just before noon. I thought , I don't think I want to quit this early at a campsite. So - - my backpack and I headed up to the top instead of staying overnight @ HG.

Thanks!

A couple years ago I had an overnight permit for Havasupu Garden with a plan to exit the 2nd day from HG.

I started down from S. K. as you did. I think I got to HG just before noon. I thought , I don't think I want to quit this early at a campsite. So - - my backpack and I headed up to the top instead of staying overnight @ HG.
We ended up hanging out at the river for a few hours to avoid the early afternoon heat in the Devils Corkscrew so I knew we would likely still be on the trail at dark. Just before dark, I saw a big lion track at the edge of the trail. My daughter asked what I was looking at. Since she was already in panic mode because of the looming darkness, my reply was, "Oh, nothing." 😀

Thanks!

Yea, we have gone from Monument Creek through Indian Gardens (not using the woke term) and up to the top in one day as well as New Hance Rapids up the Grandview trail in one day with full packs. Some years ago we did a South Rim to North Rim in one day. If you are in shape enough to mountain hunt, GC is a piece of cake. If you are out of shape...well, I suppose it would be a challenge.

curiosity as to the camera gear you are packing on these trips?? thanks!
Sure:

Nikon Z7 camera body
Nikon 24 - 200mm lens
Feisol CT-3342 tripod
Really Right Stuff BH-30 Ball Head with Compact Lever-Release Clamp
Hyperlite camera pouch

Including 2 batteries that stuff weighs about 7 pounds. I don't often take a tripod overnight.

And on my Tetons trip in 12 days I am using only my Galaxy S23 Ultra phone camera (already with me for navigation)
and a super light tripod...to save over 5 of those 7 pounds.

Three of the first four photos in this story were taken using the S23 camera. And I sure like the instant feedback provided by Photoshop Lightroom Mobile software and Adobe's related cloud image file storage.

Here is a photo I took with it yesterday am while out on my bike hunting for pix of wild phlox flowers. Try viewing it on your computer monitor so you can blow it up to see detail.

Title is "Old Tree & Old Truck"
20230530_081111-2.jpg