Len's Southwest Photo hiking adventure March 2022 Part 1 - Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Bend

I am now at a KOA Campground in Moab, Utah. I'll be based there until the middle of next week.

I am heading out pre-dawn with my lighter tent to the Needles Section of Canyonlands National Park. About an hour drive.

There I will be in the backcountry for three days taking photos of the amazing rock formations found there.

So you won't hear from me past, say, 6 am tomorrow until late Sunday afternoon...probably.

Treat each other with kindness!

AND DO ME A SPECIAL FAVOR....

LOOK AT THESE IMAGES ON A SCREEN LARGER THAN YOUR TINY PHONES.
I always use my PC for your pictures. Consider Dead Horse Point for a pic opportunity.
Ed

I just posted a new thread for Part 2 of this trip report.

Next is Horseshoe Bend near Page, Arizona.

I got there a couple hours before sunset yesterday to experience 10 to 20 mph winds and blowing sand and grit so bad I had to close my eyes often and turn backwards.

I started being concerned for my camera and lenses. So I left.

I came back the next morning just as rain sprinkles letup. I waited a little longer for the soft, even light to gain in brightness.

And here is what I accomplished.
View attachment 348356View attachment 348357View attachment 348358View attachment 348359
Spectacular photos!!!

How did you get that first picture of horseshoe bend like that? The best I could do was the sides of it.

It was a very wide lens.
Ok I see now. Have to get one for my iPhone. I spent hours standing on rocks and getting too close to the edge to try and get a nice photo.

This ended up being the best I could do
9B201DF2-5D05-42D8-AD5C-305C5B26695A.jpeg

Len I love your pictures, I'm been looking at the Z7 also it's a nice size camera
What lenses are you using on your Z7

Recent Posts