Leica 32 Pros who’s using them

I've got a pair of the 8x32 Geovid Pro's
Really like em. Nice size, excellent optic,
Use the Leica Ballistic App.
Upgrade to Applied Baltistic App.
Via the Leica App.
Is there any advantages to the upgraded app besides more distance for calculations? This may be a crazy question. I use moa. Not sure where to dial if it reads 2.7U or like 6.3U what do I dial my scope too? Scope is a VX6HD Leupold. My Leupold rangefinder would read two decimal places so I would just round up or down to the nearest moa. I think I'm having brain fog lol. Just wish it would read two decimal places.

The upgrade applied ballistics is a more robust
ballistics solver, giving the user a precise solution at distance as far as the unit is capable of ranging.
****Provided data is input correctly.****

Given you are new to this tech, I'd recommend you use the unit with the onboard ballistics provided thru the Leica Ballistics. It is a great system to learn the basics & familiarize yourself with the operation of the unit, app, & inputs.
Of most importance is to understand the data & settings you are entering & to be correct & precise with your data. (garbage in——garbage out).

In regards to the solution shown in the unit,
Yes… round off to the nearest 1/4 moa
ie:
unit display 2.7U ——— dial 2.75 moa
unit display 6.3U ——— dial 6.25 moa

Last edited:
The upgrade applied ballistics is a more robust
ballistics solver, giving the user a precise solution at distance as far as the unit is capable of ranging.
****Provided data is input correctly.***

Given you are new to this tech, I'd recommend you use the unit with the onboard ballistics provided thru the Leica Ballistics. It is a great system to learn the basics & familiarize yourself with the operation of the unit, app, & inputs.
Of most importance is to understand the data & settings you are entering & to be correct & precise with your data. (garbage in——garbage out).

In regards to the solution shown in the unit,
Yes… round off to the nearest 1/4 moa
ie: unit display 2.7U ———dial 2.75 moa
x2

Was interested in buying the 32 Pros until they only had Applied Ballistics basic in them and hearing the update was like $150……that's ridiculous. This quality of an optic should already have them installed.

Was interested in buying the 32 Pros until they only had Applied Ballistics basic in them and hearing the update was like $150……that's ridiculous. This quality of an optic should already have them installed.
Lots of people won't need the full version.

$150 is peanuts if you're glassing/ranging/shooting beyond 800 anyways.

I'm not shooting steel at 1000 yards plus. Just for hunting. 6.5 Prc so I would think 700 yards max for anything I'd be hunting. The basic AB app should do if I'm thinking rite. I have no problem getting the full version if will make better corrections at my hunting distances. Seems pretty straight forward to set up as long as I know my MV for sure. Getting a Kestrel 2000 to dope my wind. Love the glass compared to my old Leupolds.

Just got a little thrown off on where to round off to after the decimal point.

So what ever number after the decimal point is, it's always that number and 0?

Example: it would be
2.7= 2.70 = round up to 2.75 moa
6.3 = 6.30 = round down to 6.25 moa
7.9 = 7.90 = round up to 8.0 moa

I know this may seem redundant to most in here, but I want to make sure I totally understand it. Thanks Again

Jimmy

Functionally, it's 600……..I will say everything looks solid besides the AB limitation.
Actually functionally I was getting corrections in excess of 850 yds. with the onboard ballistics.
Prior to adding AB Elite.

From an Owner/User perspective, the Geovid Pro's are an excellent value with or without the upgraded Applied ballistics.
I'm surprised the unit is priced as is, considering
The excellent quality, features, & technology.

Top tier unit for those who do not require the
Full AB Ballistics as well as those who choose to
Use the Upgraded AB Ballistics.