Leica Geovid Pro 32 Help with Applied Ballistics Upgrade

Idaho Hunter1

Hello, so I am trying to figure out what the applied ballistics upgrade is getting me for the Leica Pro?

Right now I shoot PRS/NRL with a Leica 3200.com and a kestrel. I take the range, I put it into the Kestrel and also compare it to the 3200.com profile I created. It works well but is not really fast. So I won't hunt with it.

I have the Pro that I want to hunt with, I have been able to load a Custom profile on the 3200.com and it replicates the Pro out to 750ish yds so I feel comfortable so far that the data is accurate. So other than the environmental considerations that come into the picture with the Pro, what does the applied ballistics provide? If I have the kestrel paired, does that change anything?

I also checked all of the above data against a BR4 and they both checked. Ideally, I can carry one set of glass and get it all done. I know the new Revic Bino's are cool but I'm staying with the Leica for now.

I don't want to pay for something I don't need but really don't want to leave a capability on the table I may want.

Thanks I'm advance for any help!

My understanding is that Europe limits the range for units that are sold off the shelf. Leica gets around this by limiting the range as needed for new units, but allowing them to be extended after they are sold. There is more in the details but my understanding is that the upgrade allows them to be in compliance.

Link

Recent Posts