Help with Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-B Ballistics Card

Lpart

I just got my new Leica HD-B and am trying to set up my custom ballistic SD card and am having issues. I can find 2 Leica websites to to do this. The first is http://ballistictool.leica-camera.com/#/2b58a217-99df-4d06-a282-bae8ee242a35/bdc. This allows me set a scope height but nothing else works for me. Tables are wrong (comparing to the G7 Ballistics Calculator) by a lot. The other site is http://leicaflash.leica-camera.com/leicadroptest.html. This gets me close but not exact and does not allow input for scope height. Both appear to let me download to the SD card but I haven't done that yet. Anyone here have experience with this that they are willing to share with me? I have not yet called Leica because various forums have led me to believe the people we get on the phone don't have a clue.

http://leicaflash.leica-camera.com/leicadroptest.html

that's the one I used, but I remember it didn't work on one of the computers I tried. Also do not rename the file when you transfer it to the card or it won't work. You have to name them all the same. If you have a laptop and can take it to the range and modify your drops there. I made several cards with adjusted velocity and validated the trajectory at the range, as with anything you have to tweek it a little bit. Write down the inputs and label the cards or put them in small zip lock bags with the info because you can only store one at a time. It's kind of a pain but once you get it dialed in you won't want to go hunting without it. Also, the quarter MOA(number of clicks output display) is the most accurate. So it will say the yardage then number of clicks(each click being 1/4 MOA)
So for instance if you range 700 yards and your rifle needs 12.5 MOA at that range it would read as "700 yds" then display "50" meaning 50 clicks of the elevation turret at .25 or 1/4 MOA would equal 12.5 MOA
Not sure who came up with that system but I'm pretty sure it was an engineer who doesn't hunt.

Thank you. That is the site that was working best for me. I will get rid of the other one. I was having a problem matching results on this site to the G7 ballistics calculator until I realized the Leica default is sea level and I was using my 4500 elevation on the G7. As soon as I used a 0 elevation everything got very close. I had to fiddle with the G1 BC but finally got the Leica's loaded up and took them out to compare results to my G7BR2. Almost identical. Off a click here and there as ranged various objects out to 1,000 yards.
I appreciated your help.

I have the 2000's( not the newest model) and while they advertise 800 yards i found they will most of the time calculate to 1,000 yards and be accurate, excluding wind, spindrift, etc., pretty much matching the G7BR2

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts