Leica 1600b inaccuracy problem

I was thinking the eHr was taking into consideration temperature and barometric pressure and that is why it always seems like the distance was so much shorter. I had a Leupold LRF before and it seemed pretty accurate when it computed the shooting angle distance. This Leica gives a way shorter distance so that's why I thought maybe pressure had a lot to do with it. I was thinking about using the eHr distance to zero my rifle and then verify my results and angles, distances, and elevations.

Well, could be, but the temp and pressure on my Leica are pretty close and my eHr is way off too, just as you describe. Think about it, you have to enable and use a ballistic curve before it will give you an eHr, why do you think that is? If I use the temp, pressure, and angle from the second button, the resulting drops from the app are right on. If the ballistic curve does not match your rifle's ballistics well, the eHr can be way off.

Well, could be, but the temp and pressure on my Leica are pretty close and my eHr is way off too, just as you describe. Think about it, you have to enable and use a ballistic curve before it will give you an eHr, why do you think that is? If I use the temp, pressure, and angle from the second button, the resulting drops from the app are right on. If the ballistic curve does not match your rifle's ballistics well, the eHr can be way off.

I will have to look at that. I don't remember selecting a ballistic curve, but I certainly could have. I'm not sure why the ballistics curve should matter if you are not asking it to give you holdover or clicks. Seems like a dumb idea to me to make it work like that. Thanks for the input.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.