Lehigh Defense?

I remembered the coyote from your channel and thought it might have been too light of an animal, but apparently forgot about the hog. I remembered and rewatched the cutting edge hog, that was disappointing and strange. Hmm. I was hoping to try something fun that's on the shelf. Oh well, have plenty of testing to do on the lead bullets I already have. I thought about trying the light sierra varmints but they would have a massive spacewalk in my gun. Might not matter though.

I know this is an old thread but I've been thinking about trying these in 7mm, probably around 2950-3050. They are lighter than my ideal but I really like the concept. Do either of you think these are okay for shoulder shots or are they chest only on heavier game (mulies/Elk)? I don't want to have to pass up an anchoring shot because of shallow blow-up.

CMP the bear and deer chest shots are impressive but I can't quite picture the distance the initial "pop" covered. In some of the promo stuff it looks like it starts a little too early, but I know gel is not the same as bone and meat. Heck of a bear, man.

iclick if you put price aside do you think the Raptors are any better in this regard or am I barking up the wrong tree? I don't need to shoot lead free but I think people trying to make humane, practical copper bullets need to be cheered on. I live near the Barnes Icepick company plant and I just don't like what I hear. Also, I don't think one company should dominate that market especially if they're not that innovative.
I shot a cow elk with the .277 127 grain bullet from my 270 win. at 465 yards. slightly quartering to. The First shot obliterated the humerus with petals going into the lungs, and the base going through the close lung the liver and settling in a very very full stomach. She took Three struggling steps and was still on her feet so I took a second shot which obliterated the heart and lungs with the base going all the way through the other side. MV is approx. 3050 fps. the Ballistics calculator says about 2068 fps at impact with 1206 ft lbs of energy. There was no wind that day and my two shots were 1.5 inches apart. I believe these to be a great value and very accurate.

I shot a cow elk with the .277 127 grain bullet from my 270 win. at 465 yards. slightly quartering to. The First shot obliterated the humerus with petals going into the lungs, and the base going through the close lung the liver and settling in a very very full stomach. She took Three struggling steps and was still on her feet so I took a second shot which obliterated the heart and lungs with the base going all the way through the other side. MV is approx. 3050 fps. the Ballistics calculator says about 2068 fps at impact with 1206 ft lbs of energy. There was no wind that day and my two shots were 1.5 inches apart. I believe these to be a great value and very accurate.

Do you by chance have any further experience with thse since your last post here?

Do you by chance have any further experience with thse since your last post here?
I shot a Mule Deer Buck with that same load this year at 400 yards. The Bullet still performed, But with my buck I don't know if I moved or if an issue that I had with my scope affected my point of impact. I hit the buck right in the middle of the body top to bottom, and right about the last rib. The Buck ran down hill about 50 yards and bedded down, Then about 20 minutes later he got spooked by another hunter who was trying to help me find him. At that point he went about 20 yards across the hill and then death ran down hill where he ended up was about 100 yards from where I shot him. All of this in scrub oak and mahogany. There was no blood that I could find at the sight of the shot or along the trail where he went. I found a tiny bit of blood in the bed where he had spooked from, but if it hadn't snowed the night before it would've been really hard to track this deer.
Once we located the deer The bullet functioned correctly it entered with a caliber sized hole, the rear lung on the shot side was mangled and you could tell that multiple parts of the bullet had gone through there. The liver had two holes through it and another laceration, at least one part of the bullet hit the stomach and the base traveled all the way through leaving a caliber sized hole on the off side of the deer. I believe that if I had been shooting another mono bullet like a barnes or a GMX I might've lost this deer because of the conditions and the unfortunate/ poor shot placement.
I live in UT and this was my first antlered animal I'm just very glad that I was able to recover this animal and not waste the meat. I was disappointed with my shot placement, as when I shot I saw the deer's reaction in my scope and thought the shot placement was better. But for a non-ideal situation I would say that the bullet performed flawlessly. I think that for the money These are one of the best values for copper bullets.