Leaky primer pockets 300 win

If you can find some Sellier and Bellot LR primers you might get more safe service life from that brass as they are have a larger diameter than any other primer I have used including Wolf/Tula. However, the cost of repairing the bolt face is likely less than new brass...when you can find it.
The SB primers are larger in diameter and may help to fix the problem. I think it's worth the pin and ball bearing and swaging method. Anything to keep from tossing hard to find magnum brass. I did it with some military .223 brass that had crimped primers. They all ended up working flawlessly. It is an extra step though in your reloading process and can prove to be tedious.

There is a difference between leaking pockets and a primer failure.
Winchester primers have a known fault, the cup pinholes on the radius, burning the bolt face.
A leaking primer has black soot around the the cup and bolt face, a pinholed primer has a green/grey soot around the pinhole and primer.

Cheers.

There is a difference between leaking pockets and a primer failure.
Winchester primers have a known fault, the cup pinholes on the radius, burning the bolt face.
A leaking primer has black soot around the the cup and bolt face, a pinholed primer has a green/grey soot around the pinhole and primer.

Cheers.
Definitely primer failure then. It shoots a pinhole on the edge of the cup and etches the bolt face

First, I ahve an d use a primer pocket gauge. Second, although it usually functioend, after a coupel o f blown cases, I tossed ALL my federal Brass and next WInchester. I wil be using Hornady match, Lapua and Peterson going forward.

Years ago, I bought the RW Hart tool to tighhten primer pockets. What I found was that after one firing, it had to be repeated.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.