LAW M704 Stripped Action... Any good?

wilkup

I noticed Legendary Arms Works went out of business. Kind of a bummer because I thought their Professional II was an extremely slick rifle.
Anybody purchased one of their stripped actions or own one of their production rifles?
I may pick one up as a donor for a build on the future. Seems like a really good deal on a custom action at the $800 price point they're asking.

Did LAW do something terrible to get black listed from the industry?
I remember reading reviews by Ron Spomer and seeing glowing endorsements by Craig Boddington which have vanished from the interwebs. There's photos and videos that have broken links when followed and are no longer available.
The only article I can find is by gunwriter Philip Massaro.
What happened!?

You mean Legendary Arms or Legendary Action Works, but this article may explain the situation:

Legendary Arms
Whoops! Yea, I guess it is L Action W, but the actions appear to be stamped "Legendary Arms Works."
Any experience with the actions?
I read that article but it doesn't give me the full version and I didn't see anything about why they went out of business for a second time.

Last edited:
No experience, but I do like the design and features.
Same. I've wanted since I first saw them teased at Shot Show (2015 I think). There's a lot to like about them.
That price point for a custom action is so enticing!
Basically could build my own "Professional" with an upgraded barrel and in the caliber of my choosing…

If you can find a old stock closer or professional ,it's likely to be a shooter,my closer is 63/4 lb a good sub 3/4 moa with hornady factory loads ,kelly

If you can find a old stock closer or professional ,it's likely to be a shooter,my closer is 63/4 lb a good sub 3/4 moa with hornady factory loads ,kelly
That's awesome! I'd rather put my own together with a faster twist than they offered from the factory.
How do you like the action?

I have a professional 2, well balanced rifle, fairly light. The action runs very well. there is a slight hiccup to running the bolt as ghe extractor jumps over the rim on a case when you just toss a round in, when feeding from the mag box you don't feel it.

I have a professional 2, well balanced rifle, fairly light. The action runs very well. there is a slight hiccup to running the bolt as ghe extractor jumps over the rim on a case when you just toss a round in, when feeding from the mag box you don't feel it.
That's excellent information! Exactly what I was looking for. The more I dig into these guns the more set I am on buying one for a medium weight short action build.

It's online now... something weird is going on with Google...it was way down on the list...I can't find Fierce Arms at all anymore with Google.
Thank god! I was pretty bummed out the past few days when it didn't repopulate. Can't wait to get myself a new action and start my build this winter! 🤠👌🙏