Marlin 375 any good ?

Terrytf

I was just offered a marlin model 375 . just cant find a lot of info on them anyone here know anything? looks like ammo is hard to find . but not a big deal might already have the dies for it .

You can find a lot of info on it over at Marlin Firearms Forum . It is a straight walled version of the .30-30 case. 220 gr bullets at 2200 fps. I've got a Marlin model 375 and like it. Recoil isn't bad at all and like the previous poster said within 200 yds it an effective round. I would think elk would be no problem.

I have been shooting one for a couple years. I load it with cast bullets going about 1600 fps. Shoots great. It is like a mini 45-70.

You can certainly run hotter loads using the jacket bullets and it would be adequate for most game under 200 yds.

Cruise around Marlin owners, lots of info.

The light weight cast bullet are very fun to shoot and I easily get under 2 inch at 100 yds with a low power scope. Dumped a couple coyote in their tracks. The 375 front end stops things.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.