Laser and light on a LR rifle!?

I got that magazine just for that article to read before I received the rifle. IIRC it had 2 lasers. Maybe it appeals to the tacti-cool crowd. It was a well written article and the rifle does not come with that rail set up.

Cause you'll double your sales to the tacicool guys for each thing you can hang of your LR rifle to make it work in building.

A laser plus a visible spotlight is an effective aiming device at night out to the "point blank" maximum range. That should be over 200 yards for most hunting cartridges with accuracy equivalent to metallic sights. It could be useful further if the laser is equipped with calibrated target knobs. At a distance of about 400 yards a rifle mounted spotlight becomes ineffective because of near field back scatter. (aerosol dependent)

Is it suitable for hunting? That would depend on your hunting laws, what you are hunting, and when your are hunting. I've experimented with night shooting using night vision scopes, spotlights, and lasers. There are applications where they have advantages.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.