Ladder Test Results - 30 Nosler - 215 Hybrids

I'm at 3.578" to lands so no. The mag well is 3.850
Perfect. I am going to email Jimmy now and get his thoughts on SAAMI or around .200. Ideally I would want to be around that .200 to get the best results from those 215's and wanted to make sure that would not change the bottom metal

Which is strange because the OP got one of their off the shelf rifles and he does not think it is SAAMI. Unless that was someone's custom and they ended up backing out or something.

Will having them put in the extra freebore require a wyatts box or something different than their APR BDL?
Measuring to the lands can be tricky. If you have three people measure the same rifle you will probably have three different measurements. In fact if you use three different methods you will probably have three different measurements. I know I do.

I think we lose sight of how precise the measurements we are dealing with sometimes..058" is less than 1/16" of an inch. I can see being off that far depending on the method you are using to measure.

Waiting on a call from Todd. So the in house gunsmith said mine should have been cut to the saami spec of 0.110" but there's no way it could have been. It's got to be closer to 0.200" like Sherm said.
You'll have to let us know what Todd says because I am also thinking it is closer to .200.

It will be interesting to hear. I am not sure how you could unintentionally cut the throat deeper with out cutting the head space deeper with a SAAMI reamer. I always thought you had to use a throat reamer after cutting the chamber to increase free bore but then again I have never chambered a rifle....😁

So I reached out to Jimmy about the Berger 215 and this was his response: "Our normal reamer is a "SAAMI" reamer with .110 FB that has done well with 210 ABLR's. We do have a reamer for 230 Bergers but I don't have a print with me right now. Unfortunately just like the other 30 cal mags, the 215's seem to be right in the middle."

So it looks like it's either the SAAMI or the 230 reamer. I wonder what that 230 reamer measures