Ladder Test Results - 30 Nosler - 215 Hybrids

Short freebore would be my guess.
That probably is it. I am not sure when he got the rifle from APR, but maybe they have since changed reamers. When I talked to them about my 30 Nosler build, they made it seem like they really only ever run the SAMMI freebore. I am assuming that is what the OP has because he got it right off the shelf there. But pushing the 215's accurately at 3050 is a deadly combination no matter what the freebore is

My guess is either somehow got a short freebore or he has a really slow barrel lol

That probably is it. I am not sure when he got the rifle from APR, but maybe they have since changed reamers. When I talked to them about my 30 Nosler build, they made it seem like they really only ever run the SAMMI freebore. I am assuming that is what the OP has because he got it right off the shelf there. But pushing the 215's accurately at 3050 is a deadly combination no matter what the freebore is

My guess is either somehow got a short freebore or he has a really slow barrel lol
I'm talking Sierra's hitting pressure at just over 2900FPS.
I will bet his is saami and Longtine's isnt

I have worked up loads 5 30 noslers and all my findings were with 26" barrels there were nodes at 3050 range and just over the 3100 range. This rifle has a 24" barrel and I expected to hit the node just short of 3050. Puzzled on you hitting pressure that soon. I didn't see any signs of pressure until 84.0 grains.
I've heard and read the same from several people. Do you know what reamer yours was cut with?
I'm talking Sierra's hitting pressure at just over 2900FPS.
I will bet his is saami and Longtine's isnt
Yes mine is a SAMMI chamber and the pressure is just ejector marks. No flat primers or tight bolt up to 2940ish but also no nice node like at 2870...
Have APR lengthen the freebore with a throating reamer.
When I talked to Robert about it he offered to do that but I live 5 hours away and hadn't put more than like 20 rounds through it. I decided to try it with the chamber as is but if I can't get in the 2950 neighborhood after a couple hundred rounds I'll have it re cut

I've heard and read the same from several people. Do you know what reamer yours was cut with?

Yes mine is a SAMMI chamber and the pressure is just ejector marks. No flat primers or tight bolt up to 2940ish but also no nice node like at 2870...

When I talked to Robert about it he offered to do that but I live 5 hours away and hadn't put more than like 20 rounds through it. I decided to try it with the chamber as is but if I can't get in the 2950 neighborhood after a couple hundred rounds I'll have it re cut
Depending on how brave/confident you are, you can buy the reamer directly from PTG.

Speaking from experience, if you decide to do it, take it SLOW and measure OFTEN. When dealing in measurements in thousandths of an inch, it's very easy to over cut it.

I'm probably going to have to set my barrel back and rechamber it as it overshot it by about .020 by being too aggressive with it.

I'll bet the farm with a CBTO at 2.77 it isn't.
Hes likely in the neighborhood of 3.6 to the lands. I'm guessing atleast .200 freebore.
Yeah that is true.. I am considering giving them a call and seeing if they could make sure that mine has sufficient freebore to run the 215's. What do you recommend? I would love to be pushing the 215's in the 3,000 - 3,100 range with H1000