Ladder Test Results - 30 Nosler - 215 Hybrids

I'm seeing very similar numbers just a bit slower in my apr built 30 nosler.

I'm running 82.6 grains of H1k and 230s in a 26 inch Muller barrel at 2980. That's getting an average of .5 or better at 600 yards.
That's awesome! 2,980 with 230's is going to hit realll hard lol. I bet you would be close to his velocity with 215's?

if I could only get my hands on 230's!!! I bought this one to shoot the 230's. Been trying to get them for over a year
I have some 230 OTM's - but not the HT's

Unless maybe now APR doesn't run the 30 Noslers to SAAMI and they did before? I still might shoot Jimmy an email over there to see what freebore they were planning on using on mine

Waiting on a call from Todd. So the in house gunsmith said mine should have been cut to the saami spec of 0.110" but there's no way it could have been. It's got to be closer to 0.200" like Sherm said.
Yeah I bet they had full intentions of cutting it to the .110 haha because when I talked to Jimmy on the phone it sounded like 99% of their Noslers are the SAAMI. I bet you just got the one they decided to do the .200 lol.

Unless maybe now APR doesn't run the 30 Noslers to SAAMI and they did before? I still might shoot Jimmy an email over there to see what freebore they were planning on using on mine
They cut to SAAMI specs unless you ask them to run it longer.

They cut to SAAMI specs unless you ask them to run it longer.
Which is strange because the OP got one of their off the shelf rifles and he does not think it is SAAMI. Unless that was someone's custom and they ended up backing out or something.

Waiting on a call from Todd. So the in house gunsmith said mine should have been cut to the saami spec of 0.110" but there's no way it could have been. It's got to be closer to 0.200" like Sherm said.
Will having them put in the extra freebore require a wyatts box or something different than their APR BDL?

Which is strange because the OP got one of their off the shelf rifles and he does not think it is SAAMI. Unless that was someone's custom and they ended up backing out or something.

Will having them put in the extra freebore require a wyatts box or something different than their APR BDL?
I'm at 3.578" to lands so no. The mag well is 3.850

Recent Posts