Labradar Issues and the Solution - the Quad Pod

I have a USB battery pack running my labradar, gives me 16 hours of operation in warm weather, 12 in cold. The other cord is to the trigger, I just put a rubber band around my scope objective and slip the trigger in against the scope. It senses recoil and catches the shot. Used for suppressed shooting. I never miss shots this way, like maybe 1 in 200. Way better than using dopplee trigger source. Got my labradar pimped out son! The old beater phone from many years back runs the Bluetooth connection to the labradar. The newer phones don't stay connected for crap.

The JKL trigger is out of stock and when I called, they didn't have any idea when back in stock. However, you can get The Original Piet Recoil Trigger for LabRadar which is in stock. You can google it for the info. Just in case you were looking for a recoil trigger now.

The JKL trigger is out of stock and when I called, they didn't have any idea when back in stock. However, you can get The Original Piet Recoil Trigger for LabRadar which is in stock. You can google it for the info. Just in case you were looking for a recoil trigger now.
Its in stock now but they don't ship to Canada :(((

who uses a tablet with their labradar? which ones work? do they need the GPS/location service option? trying to figure out a solution to leave with the labradar rather than my everyday cell phone

Just Bluetooth is all I've needed
OK, wonder if labradar changed in the latest update, you used to have to turn on location services first before opening the app or it wouldn't work right

what operating system version is needed? was going to download the app to my old android phone but it is version 4.1.2, labradar says 4.4 and newer for android devices -- what about tablets?

I know nothing of iphones-- can the firmware be updated to newer as labradar says 8.0 or better for ios--my old android wont update to a newer operating version

My labradar works a lot better on my old S6 than it does with my year old one plus 7. But yes I have to use location for it to work. The phones disconnected from network, so the location is just a software deal, it doesn't have a sim.

Why do you need location services? I never had that problem before?
Labaradar works better with older phones because of the Bluetooth version. The app and the electronics in the radar unit have not been updated since it came out. I have the new S20+ and it disconnects fairly often. I'm not 100% sure its the unit as I need a few more new smartphones to draw an unbiased conclusion.

Why do you need location services? I never had that problem before?
some people dont realize as they leave their gps on all the time, I hardly ever have mine on unless Im using a mapping app

cause thats what the instructions say to do-- I use it right now with my s7 and I do not have any disconnect issues, but it wont work if my "gps/location services" arent on on my phone -- I was wanting an old beater phone to use as a dedicated labradar phone/app/link but not have to pay out the wazoo, or care if something happens to it while at the range

page 21 of the labradar instructions :

Mobile App LabRadar has a mobile application that connects to your LabRadar using Bluetooth. To connect your Android or iOS device, download the latest firmware from the website and install the app for your mobile device. You will need to enable the Bluetooth and Location Services on your mobile device. Open the app and tap on the refresh icon, then on the serial number of your LabRadar. Once connected you can swipe from the left side of the screen to the right to display the settings menu. Within the settings you can change the preferences of the LabRadar and the way the data is displayed on your mobile device. You can customize the name of your LabRadar to avoid others attempting to connect to it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.