Bergara rifle issues and solution

Reloads cancelling the warranty is almost 'boiler-plate' for all gun manufacturers. Bergara is not unique (at all!) on this point. The true test of a manufacturer is if they analzye the firearm, realize a 'reload' could not have possibly been the cause of the problem, and they fix the problem quickly and at no charge.

It sounds like Bergara was happy to replace the bolt shroud, but had not gotten to the point of realizing that their 'bolt shroud issue' was really a 'too large firing pin hole' issue. And I agree with the OP - once they started balking at him during his second call regarding the pierced primers (insinuating that his reloads were the problem), sending the gun back LIKELY would have a been a waste of his time/money. Better to just get it to a person who will fix it once and for all and move on.

And now we all know where Bergara 'sits' on fixing their guns. Good to know.

The wording used in their warranty is "reloading" it's a matter of splitting hairs, and if they ask directly if you used reloaded rounds the answer is "no". I use hand loaded rounds so it's not a lie

I would be livid if I purchased a rifle that needed repairing from the get go.
Too many good rifles out there in that price range to waste my time and endanger my health with a Bergara.

I am so glad this problem has been brought to our attention. Thank you Korhil78! I have this same rifle in a 7mm Rem. Mag. and had never heard of this before. You can bet I will be keeping an eye on primers, brass, and every working part of this rifle more closely. I, too, had read the warranty regarding "reloads" and have read the same thing several times as all my rifles are production guns but I hand-load and am not about to stop! This is a great forum because so many of you share what you know and guys like me need to hear it. Thanks again!

A little update:

I just got my bolt back from Gre-Tan Rifles. He put a new firing pin in there and bushed it. Looks great. Haven't tried it out yet but I'm pretty certain that it will take care of my problems! I will test it out soon enough.

Surly Bergara know's about this thread. Why haven't they responded ? I was thinking about one of there Premium rifles in 6.5 PRC . Dang not now.
Well I bought one of their Premier rifles . The very first time to the range ,the rifle surpassed their Sub MOA guarantee with both my hand loads and factory ammo. I have had zero problems with this rifle.