Labradar Issues and the Solution - the Quad Pod

Yes, I believed this one FEENIX got...

I agreed with you that it is a great idea!

Yes, I believed this one FEENIX got...

I agreed with you that it is a great idea!

Yep, that's it!

I have a USB battery pack running my labradar, gives me 16 hours of operation in warm weather, 12 in cold. The other cord is to the trigger, I just put a rubber band around my scope objective and slip the trigger in against the scope. It senses recoil and catches the shot. Used for suppressed shooting. I never miss shots this way, like maybe 1 in 200. Way better than using dopplee trigger source. Got my labradar pimped out son! The old beater phone from many years back runs the Bluetooth connection to the labradar. The newer phones don't stay connected for crap.

Do you need the trigger if you don't shot suppressed?

LOL! My $18 dollar (from Home Depot, cut the leg for the 18" parameter) redneck version ...

View attachment 192941

There is an offset hole to mount and adapt to my range bench.

How is that called?

Do you need the trigger if you don't shot suppressed?

How is that called?
You don't need a trigger for supressed, but it eliminates the pain in the butt proper positioning for the doppler or sound trigger to pick up the bullet. I use the trigger whether I'm supressed or not anymore. It's more efficient, rarely ever misses a shot. The only time I've had problems picking up bullets with the trigger, is if I'm shooting from under a low roof. My bud and I built a shooting shack for bad weather, and the roof is maybe 7'? I was having problems. I set the labradar out front the the covering offset a few feet to the left, and it picked up everything after that. Lessons learned. My local range has a 12' roof in it, zero problems there.

As to the saw horse using an offset mounting to keep the unit perfectly aligned with the rifle, it's not needed in my experience. My Labradar will record same velocity whether it's above the bore or 4' L or R of the rifle.

You don't need a trigger for supressed, but it eliminates the pain in the butt proper positioning for the doppler or sound trigger to pick up the bullet. I use the trigger whether I'm supressed or not anymore. It's more efficient, rarely ever misses a shot. The only time I've had problems picking up bullets with the trigger, is if I'm shooting from under a low roof. My bud and I built a shooting shack for bad weather, and the roof is maybe 7'? I was having problems. I set the labradar out front the the covering offset a few feet to the left, and it picked up everything after that. Lessons learned. My local range has a 12' roof in it, zero problems there.

As to the saw horse using an offset mounting to keep the unit perfectly aligned with the rifle, it's not needed in my experience. My Labradar will record same velocity whether it's above the bore or 4' L or R of the rifle.
What trigger is that? The one that labrador sells?

Looks like high freq microphones. What technology is that? Can I use a magnet with the JKL trigger instead of gluing velcro?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.