LabRadar Chronograph Review

I don't know where you get that info cause it's far from true. FAR
The Superchrono is a pile, sorry to say cause I though it was going to be the ultimate unit until we put it inline with a Magnetospeed and an Oehler, your no better of with it than a 79 dollar Shooting Chrony!

LabRadar recently informed us that they will only be sending us a small portion of our first large order because a single part is backordered. They say that they don't expect to be able to send the rest of our order until early January.

I emailed those customers who will be receiving one from the small shipment.

I also emailed the rest of our customers with the bad news of another delay.

If anyone that was fortunate enough to be receiving an order, has an interest in selling their order at a profit, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Jett

Any idea when those units will be shipped? I received your email I was near the top of the list and sent you the payment via paypal. I have heard nothing since.

If anyone that was fortunate enough to be receiving an order, has an interest in selling their order at a profit, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Jett

Well, after waiting for what seems like a year (8+ months), I received my new LabRadar yesterday and took it to the range to get familiar with setting it up and using it. It took me maybe 10 minutes to get it up and running to get basic velocity data, and maybe 30 minutes to try different mounting positions, trigger settings, and so on. Cant imagine ever going back to a magneto speed, or standard chronograph.........game changer for sure.

I just ordered mine through the LRH store today, and I can't wait to give it a try. I have one question for you guys that have one already. How does it do with velocities north of 4000fps?

Thanks and to everyone Happy New Year!

Bryan Litz tested the SuperChrono and it was anything but super. Poor, inaccurate readings.

I'd like the SuperChrono also if it was accurate. But it's been plagued with multiple reports of inaccurate readings.

curiosity is going to kill the cat. When testing any chronograph, what does one use for a gauge? Secondly; in the real world one cannot judge any chronograph to another without knowing the first one is perfect. So you say it is perfect! Then the masses want to know how you know? What did you use for a constant?

The new LabRadar unit interests me, and maybe on a short shopping list. First thing I see is a very short and simple setup. Plus is a very rigid setup with what appears to be very little if any flex when the shock wave passes thru it (all will flex some, and some move all over the place)

As for folks in love with the Magneto thing. Go over to Accurate Shooter as there's a guy seeing 6,000fps! Nothing's perfect in this world.
gary

It's radar. I'm sure we've all heard of radar tickets being beaten in court for their inaccuracy. Or trees being clocked at over the speed limit in school zones.

I hope it's fully reliable???

curiosity is going to kill the cat. When testing any chronograph, what does one use for a gauge? Secondly; in the real world one cannot judge any chronograph to another without knowing the first one is perfect. So you say it is perfect! Then the masses want to know how you know? What did you use for a constant?
gary

Gary,
I didn't test the SuperChrono. Bryan Litz tested it against a minimum of two additional chronographs, one being the Oehler 35P. You'll be able to find his report in a Thread posted on this Forum. The SuperChrono was obviously performing very poorly.

FYI, the SuperChrono is a different unit and manufacturer than the LabRadar unit. Bryan Litz also tested the LabRadar against his other equipment. He had some problems receiving velocities for the smaller caliber bullets. But he was generally impressed with the data he obtained with the .308 caliber bullets. That Thread can also be found using the Search tool.

As for my own use, I agree it's best to have more than a single velocity recorded for each bullet fired, in order to be able to identify bad velocity data. So I shoot over a triplicate chronograph setup that provides 4 recorded velocities for each bullet fired. I'm the one with the Oehler 33, Oehler 35P, and PACT PC2 setup, all recording the velocity of each bullet fired over my 6' plus long skyscreen rail. I have no problem identifying the chronograph that pukes out an incorrect bullet velocity.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.